1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scriptural definition of "chance" and implications

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by jdlongmire, May 30, 2008.

1. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Props to skypair - see updated here.

Jesus has the Holy Spirit always with him as God and Man as a part of the Trinity.

#41 jdlongmire, Jun 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2008
  2. skypair

skypair Active Member

Yes, sir. I agree. In fact, God gave the physical creation to His Son.

What then about all those instances that "open theists" use to tell us that God repents or changes His mind, etc.? I really don't have time to look it up but I'll take my book with me and see if I can get online from Newport.

Yes, God exists outside time. We cannot speak directly to Him (in the paradigm I am suggesting) but everything passes through Christ into time.

[quoete]This sounds like Oneness theology. What does it truly mean "see His face" in term of phophetic utterances? I think of this in terms of our spiritual nearness and purity allowing this new proximity to the Father instead of an over-literal interpretation.[/quote] I don't know what the tenets of "oneness" doctrine are but they don't "hold" right now. Maybe, though, as I suggest in the age of ages in Rev 22.

And yet doing so leaves us divided, right? Or does the "open theist-classical theist" division not bother you?

skypair

3. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Relevant:

from here

#43 jdlongmire, Jun 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2008