1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sealed?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by jcf, Feb 19, 2005.

1. jcf

jcf Guest

Some have been led to believe that because we are sealed we are eternally saved. What do the Scriptures teach?

Faith is, that which we believe.

Jesus has taught us what His Father expects of us.

We believe Him so we obey Him.

Our works is an expression of our obedience to our faith.

James 2:18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

If we don't follow what we believe our faith is dead, it means nothing to God.

James 2:20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?

The blood of Jesus is applied to us and cleanses us from sin when we walk according to His Father's light/truth.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

We are sealed until the day of redemption...hmmm, we don't have redemption yet?

We are sealed by the Spirit of truth. Once we receive the truth it seals us, we are now accountable to it until the day of redemption. It can either save us through our obedience to it or it can harden us through our resisting of it.

John 16:13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

John 15:26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

2 Peter 2:20-21 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.

1 John 4:6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.