1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sebelius Testimony: So ‘Pathetic, Horrible, Mortifying’ That ‘I Almost Felt Sorry for

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer on Hugh Hewitt’s radio show Wednesday said Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius’s testimony before Congress was a disaster. In fact, he said it was so “pathetic, horrible, mortifying” that “I almost felt sorry for her.”

Under no circumstances was the hearing on the glitch-plagued Obamacare website going to be easy for Sebelius, Krauthammer explained. “What is there to say?” he asked rhetorically.

“You just presided over the biggest debacle in, sort of, liberal administrative history,” he added. “You have no way out. You’re now getting reports that people are losing, people perfectly happy with their current policies, are having them cancelled out of the blue.”

“I hate to say it, but I almost felt sorry for her — almost,” he concluded.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-mortifying-that-i-almost-felt-sorry-for-her/

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev. Mitchell, she should resign. She is very wealthy--she has a summer home in the wealthy enclave of Leland, Michigan--and return to private life. The upper class like her think that they know best, but she is a blockhead in spite of her wealth.

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The line that stood out to me " I'm responsible for the debacle"

She had no chance. The errors, failures, missteps, mistakes, miscalculations (insert any of the other adjectives that were used) were so many and so prevalent.

This epic failure, I feel, is only a shadow of what is to come.

4. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

The wicked witch of Kansas needs to be FIRED. I remember back when she was Gov of Kansas and how horrible her policies where then. Obama truly does surround himself with unbelievably immoral and dishonest people.

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the record, I think the website issues are just symptomatic of a bad policy, not evidence of bad policy.

Even if the website had worked flawlessly, I would have problems with the ACA. The individual mandate, the loopholes allowing high ranking officials to opt out, the clearly exaggerated statements that you would get to keep your doctor if you wanted and on and on.

I want people to have healthcare, it is better for our country that they do. I don't want this policy as the means to provide it.