1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Second Services

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by DeanPastor, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Dina

Dina New Member

A church that I attended for a while had 2 services on Sun a.m. and then a 3rd service on Sat night.

Just a thought.

2. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

If your church is big enough to go to two services with 3 pastors and an intern, why is everybody bi-vocational?? SOunds to me like the church needs to step up to the plate on this one ... [/QB][/QUOTE]

we live where most of the residents are retirees.

Our senior pastor has retired twice ... one of the other pastors is similar... they both have health issues that preclude them working full time.

The other pastor is involved in his family's business and does not feel that God has called him into full time ministry, yet.

And as intern I am not paid. I serve God under the pastors and am studying through Seminary Extension. My compensation is from the blessings He has given me through the service and training I am recieving through experience.

We are the result of combining a church that was failing because of the pastor's health and the man called to replace him. Not going into details here.... and a Mission church which was being driven out of our rented facility because of the rising rent. God is good and He is blessing us. We have a membership of about 120. Things will get better as we grow.

3. LarryN

LarryN New Member

We also have Sunday evening services (I didn't mention that)- but we don't have the same space constraints at those. :(

We have considered a Saturday night service. I know of a church not too far from me that draws several hundred to one of those.