1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Securing the Blessings of Liberty

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Palatka51, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

The Spanish King financed a voyage of the Italian, Christopher Columbus to find a direct western route to India. If one could be found, it would put Spain into the supreme power of the late 1400's and far into the 1500's. Columbus found a few islands that we know as the Caribbean chain in the Caribbean Sea. He found very little resources to exploit and though he went back to Europe a hero, he brought back news of a savage people to exploit. The search for riches will never secure the blessings of liberty for anybody.

In April, 1513, Ponce de Leon followed up Columbus' discovery landed near present day St Augustine in the hopes of finding gold and other resources. Again they found nothing but savages to take back to Spain as slaves. The hunt for riches always ended in slavery.

Gold and riches beyond anything any European had ever seen was here. Its just that GOD saw to it that this newly founded land had to get its priorities right first.

The Pilgrams did not come here seeking riches and resources. They did not endure the perils of the Atlantic for the promise of gold. They did it for the promise of religious freedom.

Their struggle was almost lost. The system they were used to in Europe did not work here. Something new had to be done, and the American Indian was the key. The desire for religious freedom led to a hard trial, then peace with their neighbor which led to prosperity.

As the colonies grew, England wanted more and of what resources the colonist could produce. Many colonist saw value in the land itself and took far more land than they could possible farm and turned to the African for the labor to fill their greed. Great Britain had abolished slavery in 1807. So they started trading with the French and the Spanish for slave labor, and the great reckoning for freedom of all men was on. Four horrible years of blood shed (1860-1865) finally purged America of its greed from the sales of tobacco and cotton. Individual or corporate greed, enslaves innocent lives and freedom can not flourish when one segment of your society is downtrodden. It took us well into this generation to realize thisThe Spanish King financed a voyage of the Italian, Christopher Columbus to find a direct western route to India. If one could be found, it would put Spain into the supreme power of the late 1400's and far into the 1500's. Columbus found a few islands that we know as the Caribbean chain in the Caribbean Sea. He found very little resources to exploit and though he went back to Europe a hero, he brought back news of a savage people to exploit. The search for riches will never secure the blessings of liberty for anybody.

In April, 1513, Ponce de Leon followed up Columbus' discovery landed near present day St Augustine in the hopes of finding gold and other resources. Again they found nothing but savages to take back to Spain as slaves. The hunt for riches always ended in slavery.

Gold and riches beyond anything any European had ever seen was here. Its just that GOD saw to it that this newly founded land had to get its priorities right first.

The Pilgrams did not come here seeking riches and resources. They did not endure the perils of the Atlantic for the promise of gold. They did it for the promise of religious freedom.

Their struggle was almost lost. The system they were used to in Europe did not work here. Something new had to be done, and the American Indian was the key. The desire for religious freedom led to a hard trial, then peace with their neighbor which led to prosperity.

As the colonies grew, England wanted more and of what resources the colonist could produce. Many colonist saw value in the land itself and took far more land than they could possible farm and turned to the African for the labor to fill their greed. Great Britain had abolished slavery in 1807. So they started trading with the French and the Spanish for slave labor, and the great reckoning for freedom of all men was on. Four horrible years of blood shed (1860-1865) finally purged America of its greed from the sales of tobacco and cotton. Individual or corporate greed, enslaves innocent lives and freedom can not flourish when one segment of your society is downtrodden. It took us well into this generation to realize this to be true.

In 1799 a gold rush was on in North Carolina which continued into 1828 through northern Georgia into 1840. This promise of easy gold caused our nation to move the Cherokee off their lands and were forced march to Oklahoma killing many women and children. Gold and the riches and power of its desire, killed innocent peoples. Then there came the rush to California in 1849. Railroads moved native peoples and the west was for the taking.

Immigrants came to America for its "streets are paved with gold." It was not the promise of freedom to worship GOD that brought them (though they would find that here) it was the hope to be prosperous. The madness of being made rich by finding gold, continued into Alaska and when that was done, oil was found and, with a frenzy, a new way to wealth was on. Many immigrants found their way only to the slums of New York and Chicago and battling rival gangs for the distribution of booze and vice. Others found that they were free to worship GOD without the dictates of a Pope or king, which helped them to become prosperous.

The women's movement gave women the desire to earn money apart from the tradition of staying home and providing for the needs of the home, and raising children. Now 53 million innocent lives are lost because a pregnant woman does not want the burden of a child keeping her from her prosperity and "reproductive rights." Abortion kills the innocent and GOD says those that will not stand for the poor and innocent will not prosper.

Jeremiah2:31-37
    31*O generation, see ye the word of the Lord. Have I been a wilderness unto Israel? a land of darkness? wherefore say my people, We are lords; we will come no more unto thee?32*Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? yet my people have forgotten me days without number. 33*Why trimmest thou thy way to seek love? therefore hast thou also taught the wicked ones thy ways. 34*Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents: I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these.35*Yet thou sayest, Because I am innocent, surely his anger shall turn from me. Behold, I will plead with thee, because thou sayest, I have not sinned. 36*Why gaddest thou about so much to change thy way? thou also shalt be ashamed of Egypt, as thou wast ashamed of Assyria. 37*Yea, thou shalt go forth from him, and thine hands upon thine head: for the Lord hath rejected thy confidences, and thou shalt not prosper in them.

Leviticus 26:16-20
    16*I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.17*And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you. 18*And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins. 19*And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass: 20*And your strength shall be spent in vain: for your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits.

Today begins a new era for these United States. We are hoping that cheaper health care will lead the "poor" to a more prosperous life, and help them live the "American dream."

The original dream was to find a place to live free and worship GOD freely. It took us a while but we've lost that dream and replaced it with getting rich quick, with lottery, vice and debauchery. All has led to more government regulations and less and less freedom.

So how do we "Secure the Blessings of Liberty?"

Our Founding Fathers knew that first, there must be a FREE reliance upon GOD and free speech, because if you can't speak freely, you can't preach freely. Secondly, they knew that this provision must be protected by the 2nd amendment.

Luke 6:24,25
    24*But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. 25*Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

The search for riches will never secure the blessings of liberty for anybody. That is why our founding fathers made the first amendment promise the freedom of religion and speech.

Matthew 6:33,34
    33....seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34*Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Please, Think on these things.