1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SELECTION AND PURPOSE

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alex2165, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Acts 13.2
    2. "And while they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit (GOD) said, 'Get apart for Me Barnabas and Saul, for the work to which I have called them."

I heard many times from some people who said, "I have call of GOD," or "GOD call me." But whatever they said or preached it seems that their claim is far from the truth. People shall be judged not only according to their words but according to their deeds and life in GOD, means how close they follow the Commandments and Statutes of the Lord.

Personally, I believe that those who actually called by GOD and selected by Him certainly very visible and distinguished and notable among the people, easily recognized, and seen in public not as ordinary 'big mouth" hypocrites, liars, and opportunists who seek only power and material gain, but instead seen as some special who have godly mind, tells the truth, fear GOD, and live as true Christian.

In this way Peter, Paul, Barnabas, John, and all other Apostles and followers of Christ have been seen by people as true messengers from GOD, people quickly recognized them, believed them, and followed the Gospel that these selected by GOD men preached to them.

By the results of their teachings alone it is obvious that the Apostles and all other disciples of Christ are selected by their Lord to do just that, and they succeeded in everything that was ordered and obligated on them to do by the Holy Spirit of their GOD Who selected them and sent them on that particular mission.

It should be known to all that only GOD selects and chooses certain people to serve His will, and not those who selected themselves on position to serve His will, because without the power of GOD such people are useless and worthless and serve only themselves and their own and other's agenda, just like Sadducees and Pharisees did, and other sects like them.

Acts 13.36
    36. "David, after he had served the purpose of GOD in his own generation, fell asleep, and was laid among his fathers, and underwent decay,"

This verse also relates to the verse above showing that those selected by GOD always serve a certain purpose. In this case Paul gave example of David. The purpose of David in his case was to justly rule Israel, to allow prophets to prophecy and to teach Israel the Word of GOD, to conduct justice according to the Law of GOD (the Law of Moses), to defend Israel from internal and external enemies, and the most important thing is to turn entire nation of Israel to GOD of their fathers.

David succeeded in all of what that was required of him and he became a perfect example of the true godly king to all the nations of the Earth, the ruler who shown to other kings of the Earth how they should rule their country and to Whom they should submit themselves and fear, to rule in justice and truth under the One True Lord, and have Trust in the Lord.

All of these means that only GOD selects certain people for certain tasks and for certain purpose, but those who are claiming to be selected by GOD, heard His vice, or receive His Commandment, surely shall prove their claim not only by their words but also by their deeds and by their life in GOD.