1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senators Worried About TV 'Train Wreck'

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

WASHINGTON (AP) -- On Feb. 18, 2009, tens of millions of televisions that are not equipped to receive digital signals will become useless pieces of furniture. The government is spending $5 million to let owners know so they can do something about it -- not enough, critics say.
    While the government has committed $1.5 billion for viewers to spend on converter boxes that will translate digital signals for older televisions, it is largely relying on the broadcast industry to spread the word about the changeover.

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2007/july/0727_digital_tv1.shtml

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I thought this was about content. My first thought was that TV was a train wreck ages ago . . .

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I bought a plasma TV about 15-18 months ago, so I assume it is capable of the new digital signals.

Had the vendor call me several times in last few months wanting me to buy added warrenty, but I told them that if ths one gave up the ghost, I would probably just learn to live without TV.

Same with the digital signal; if I can't get it, well, I just might give up the habit!

Except for a VERY FEW science and Christian programs, and the BRAVES, all I do is flip anyway. Rest of it is garbage.

(Real pity isn't it - I get 60+ channels, and can rarely find anything worth watching!)

4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Television is the first truly democratic culture - the first culture available to everybody and entirely governed by what the people want. The most terrifying thing is what people do want. Clive Barnes