1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Separation of Church and State...or Not?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Zaac, Aug 21, 2012.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course you think I'M the troll.

You post:
    "And all this time folks were saying that a President's faith or beliefs did not influence his policy making."

Someone else posts:
    "Can you provide an example of where anyone in the media has said that "a President's faith or beliefs did not influence his policy making."

And you post:
    "That's not what I said."

The very definition of trolling. I'm beginning to think you don't like being called out for the outrageous things you say.

2. targus

targus New Member

You are changing your assertion again...

You asserted and were asked to show proof of anyone saying " "a President's faith or beliefs did not influence his policy making."

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You haven't shown this yet. It's a false assertion. Show us where someone has said this.

Not really. He didn't single out any policy or any decision. He said that his faith points him in the direction of compassionate government.

You say "it seems like" Romney's Mormon faith will affect his decision making, and then offer no proof of it.

Because Obama's faith doesn't directly influence his politics.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I didn't assert anything. If you want to find someone saying those words, then do a search.:laugh:

It's as though certain folks on here think you have to back up every sentence with a citation.

If you think the statement is untrue, ,then prove itcause frankly I don't care if y'all believe what you think I "Asserted".

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not your assertion?

"And all this time folks were saying that a President's faith or beliefs did not influence his policy making."

I hear Hooked on Phonics can help people speedily improve their reading skills.

Not every claim, but if someone makes a dubious claim it is helpful for the poster to provide a link. Why would you have a problem with that? Perhaps because you make things up, post them, and then wait for the inevitable responses?

You are asking us to prove a false statement. That's not going to happen. The burden of proof is on you.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The false premise troll has morphed into a false assertion troll. The only false assertion is coming from the one who thinks it's a false assertion simply because it hasn't been shown to him.

I doubt anyone on here has seen Barack Obama murder a baby. But the false assertion troll doesn't run around yelling false assertion because he hasn't seen or no one has shown him that. :laugh:

Yes really. He says it does so you lack the standing to make it "not really" just because he didn't list out the decisions for you. How dare Obama make a "false assertion" about something HE does but it doesn't pass the false premise/assertion troll's muster so it can't be.

Trolls really are full of themselves.

Naah. That's your false assertion cause I said no such thing.

Apparently Obama disagrees with your false assertion.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Talking to Jesus can help with the anger issues.

Or perhaps I don't feel the need to prove things to YOU.:laugh:

:laugh: I said what I said. There's no burden on me to prove anything. You need to get over yourself and this dime store philosophy that says the burden of anything is on me. That's hilarious. It's almost as though you think you say that and now I've got to set out to prove it. You are cracking my side this afternoon.:laugh:

If you don't want to answer or don't like what I typed, then skip on to the next thread and find someone who "asserts" what you want to hear. :wavey:

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Priceless. So this is how things work in Zaac's world:

I saw a pink elephant sitting on a park bench reading the New York Times. If you don't believe me, prove that I didn't see it. Google it for yourself.

:laugh:

Good idea. Into the killfile with thee!

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep. You see in my world , I don't have to prove anything to you. In your world you think I do.

So unless you're one of those Romney Mormons who can become God, who cares what you want proof of? :laugh:

So go find you a pink elephant.

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You made the statement; the burden of proof is on you.

When a prosecutor says someone is guilty of murder, the burden of proof is on the prosecutor; the defense doesn't have to prove they didn't do it, although it helps.

If you're man enough to say it, then be man enough to back it up. Otherwise, you're the troll, not the people asking you to prove your statements.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The burden of proof is on those who don't think it's the truth. :laugh: So unless y'all have got evidence to the contrary, I don't care.

This isn't a court of law and doesn't have to operate like one just because a handfull of folks think it does. :laugh: Y'all are too funny.

I'm man enough to say it without backing it up. Let's see the real men step up and disprove my statement. Otherwise, hush and go on to another thread.

What? Do trolls start to breed once they get over a certain number of posts?

12. targus

targus New Member

The only words which you authored in the Op were:

I googled "President's faith or beliefs did not influence his policy making."

Your OP was the only result given by Google.

So either you have made an incorrect assertion...

Or you need to provide your source for your assertion.

This really isn't that hard.

Your critical thinking and debate skills are greatly lacking.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Or maybe your ability to do searches is lacking? Wow. Google didn't pull anything else up so that settles it.:laugh: There needs to be a cut-off as to how many posts folks can have on this board because apparently after a few thousand, some of y'all have become quite jaded.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Translation: "I can't prove it, but I'm right and everyone else is wrong."

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Translation: "Me and my online troll buddies are bullies and we think we can make everyone play the game the way we demand."

You got the wrong one.

16. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

...The surest evidence that someone's a troll.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And you and your buddies would know trolls.:thumbs:

18. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yep, many before you have come and gone...:rolleyes:

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

OK already, I confess, I am the real troll.

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's face it: Anyone who makes assertions and then doesn't believe they have a responsibility to provide proof of those assertions....

...probably hangs out with Harry Reid on the weekends....

And that's enough "trolling" from me.