1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seven Arrows - Free on Kindle

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Deacon, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "7 Arrows: Aiming Bible Readers in the Right Direction" [LINK]

"If Christians primarily rely on a Sunday sermon for their spiritual nourishment, they will starve. Disciples must feed themselves. Rogers and Mathis deliver a simple and effective discipleship tool that helps everyday Christians dig deep into the richness of God's word.Seven Arrows will not only be a helpful tool but it will lead churches towards a gospel-centered healthiness. Use this book!"
    Dustin Willis, coauthor of Life On Mission and General Editor of the Send Network

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well too bad if you missed the free offer – it seems to be over now.

But the book is still offered at a reasonable price and is well worth the cost!

Matt Rogers and Donnie Mathis have surely succeeded in writing a book that makes learning how to study the bible a pleasant experience rather than a burdensome task.

They have written an easy-to-read book that provides plenty of examples that grasp your attention.
    I'd compare Seven Arrows to Gordon Fee's , "How to Read the Bible for All It's Worth" but for a younger crowd or for those a bit less willing to wade through technical jargon.

Their Seven Arrows are:

--> What does the passage say? (A single sentence summary)
    --> What did the passage mean to its original audience?
    --> What does this passage tell us about God?
    --> What does this passage tell us about man?
    --> What does this passage demand of me?
    --> How can this passage change the way I relate to people?
    --> What does this text prompt me to pray?

Each chapter unpacks how to successfully answer these questions.

If you've purchased a How-To-Read-The-Bible book before and never got around to finishing it - try this one!
    You'll enjoy it and finally learn how to study the Bible. It will change your life.

Rob