1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shocking Time Magazine Cover: After 40 Years, Abortion Activists Losing

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The mainstream media will get around to covering abortion this month as the nation marks 40 years of legalized abortion for any reason throughout pregnancy via Roe v Wade. Time magazine has released its issue, which comes to a shocking conclusion.

The cover article makes the case that the pro-abortion side is losing the abortion debate, saying, “40 Years Ago, Abortion Rights Activists Won an Epic Victory With Roe v. Wade. They’re been losing ever since.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/01/03/...ver-after-40-years-abortion-activists-losing/

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:thumbsup:

3. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Losing is entirely different than lost.

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's refreshing to see someone understand and explain so well the difference between classic feminism and neo-feminism.

I've been trying to get that across to people for years and here in this article it's done so well.

As these women of old and so many others that I know today, our feminism has never desired nor included abortion nor has it been founded on the cruel stepping and stomping on the faces of men as we "climb" some vain and imaginary ladder of societal status.

I may have to fight stereotypes and ignorance and mindless tradition, fighting sometimes quietly -sometimes not. But if I have to abort the unborn and berate and downgrade a man to achieve something as a woman - then that isn't feminism to me.

My status as a woman - my rights, my responsibilities, my contributions to family and society, my worth, my intellect, my spirituality, my expression of myself, my carving out my own place, my ability/practice of deciding things for myself, and my forging my own destiny under God's leadership - well, these traits by the very definition of feminism must stand alone.

True feminism as never been about pushing away men and children as if they are hindrances to our accomplishing something. It's about pushing away faulty mindsets and traditions and practices that wrongly prevent us from accomplishing what we choose to accomplish.

If one human being has to annul the value or life of another to feel "set free", then they are living in a delusion. They are under bondage indeed.

It's good to read this article and see that there is a new generation of young women who understand that abortion does not free us, but enslaves us.