1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shortness of Breath

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Martin, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Earlier this year I found myself in the emergency room twice, in one week, with the return of my asthma. I had asthma while I was in high school and my early college years. It did not, however, restrict my physical activities because it was mild. Now after several years of no activity it has returned. My doctor, and the emergency room doctors, have attributed the return of my asthma to allergies.

Having said all of this, however, there are many people who have shortness of breath. They may try to ignore it, or try OTC asthma/allergy medications. Friends this is how folks get themselves into trouble! If you have shortness of breath you need to see a doctor ASAP. Not only could it be asthma (which if left untreated can be deadly) it could also be a sign of heart trouble. This according to a new study conducted by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

This is not something to play with.

Shortness of Breath Could Signal Heart Trouble

In Christ,
    Martin.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm a recovering asthmatic. By maintaining an active cardio workout schedule (at the gym 3 times per week), I'm happy to report I haven't had an asthma attack in 12 years.