1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should children be taught cursive writing?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

What a fascinating thread....my knee jerk reaction was of course, but hmmm. A person who writes a good clear cursive script is a living treasure....my mum does and a couple of other people I know. For me, growing up in Australia in the 60s and 70s, education was state based which meant MOST states had their preferred cursive scripts taught, which made it really tough on kids who moved interstate just about every year ( I was an army brat). Consequently, I learnt to do cursive script properly in my last years of high school,this may have been partially due to the fact I am a left handed person.

In my professional years my hand writing was described as a minature spider scrawl having an epileptic fit. My signature was an impressive (I thought!) thing of beauty until a colleague asked why did I sign off with a circle and a line on top like a hat..I prefer a print out that is spelt correctly and not too hideous in grammar. So children need to be able to spell and string a coherent sentence, and yes I think they should be able to write or at least print. Technology is great until it does not work, then what..... just my tuppence worth here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks, Zaac. Normally we argue here. I goes today I'm PRO-Zaac. Get it?!

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk