1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Christians Convert Muslims?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by KenH, Jun 22, 2003.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting Time article on missionary work in Muslim nations - web page

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a word, yes. Though some may quibble about the theological correctness of the question's wording, I agree with the sentiment and principle it seeks to state.

3. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Of course.

4. Bible Student

Bible Student New Member

5. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Of course, Islam is a false religion and will get no one to heaven. True love dictates exposing error and pointing one to the Way, the Truth and the Life.

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is a requirement to all Christians. Jesus final words to us, "Go and Tell the world that I Live"

Excellent Article though, I found it quite encouraging that people are having a go. [​IMG]

7. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

UNdoubtedly, yes

YOurs in Christ

Matt

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Christians should seek to preach the gospel to anyone who does not know Jesus, so of course they should seek to convert muslims.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Christianity isn't supposed to be a "club" membership. Christians shouldn't try to "convert" anyone.

Christians should simply share the Gospel of Christ to the best of their abilities. The Gospel is not about a change of religion. It's about achieving a relationship.

10. Haruo

Haruo New Member

Well put, John. While I agree with what I think are the sentiments of the other posters, I agree more with you here: Christians should not "try to convert" or "convert" Muslims "into" Christians. Even outside the Muslim lands, where such activity is less likely to result in ostracism or persecution (even death) of the new "converts", we should be about the job of encouraging Muslims (and Christians, for that matter) to get acquainted with Jesus. The conversion is the work of the Holy Spirit. Conversions accomplished by Christians are iffy at best. Peter preached at Pentecost, and powerfully, but it wasn't his preaching that added thousands to the church.

Haruo

11. Watchman

Watchman New Member

The conversion is the work of the Holy Spirit. Conversions accomplished by Christians are iffy at best. Peter preached at Pentecost, and powerfully, but it wasn't his preaching that added thousands to the church.

So, thousands would have been added to the Church if Peter had said nothing? It is indeed the Holy Spirit that convicts and saves, but it is a conviction that must come from a source i.e., preacher, teacher, Bible passage, etc. As far as seeking to convert Muslims and them facing persecutions, even death. Let's go back to Peters' case mentioned. His message, by the convicting power of the Holy Spirit, led to the conversions of thousands of Jews.
    Did THEY have a cake walk, so to speak, after that?
    Hardly, they would face rejection by family, persecution by other Jews, as well as by the Romans, put out of synagogues and quite possibly face death.
    Do we say that Peter should not have done that?

12. Graceforever

Graceforever New Member

Roman’s 15: 20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: 21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

13. dclark14

dclark14 New Member

Are we to bring people to Christ-- or bring Christ to people? Round and round it goes, but perhaps our involvement with the Holy Spirit's ministry of conversion is expressed in the "3 open" prayer: "Lord,open a door--open their heart--open my mouth!"At His leading, I believe that we should witness to Muslims--of course!