1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should consideration be given...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SaggyWoman, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually even narrower. If a white man marries a black woman, you just shake your head and say "What on earth . . . " But if a black man marries a white woman, I've seen open hatred and racism that makes the KKK blush.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not object to anyone who may have an "issue with biracial marriages." As I said before, it's a trifle as far as vices go, and not a Scriptural disqualification.

I would have more of Scriptural basis for objecting to having one who overeats, than I would for objecting to someone who has an "issue with biracial marriage."

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm still interested in an answer to my question...

4. Peggy

Peggy New Member

Yeah, a bigot has no business in any form of leadership in a church. In fact, bigotry is a sin and should be dealt with in a loving, Biblical manner.

Ask yourself what would Jesus do?

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have my answer.

#25 Aaron, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  6. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm still unclear. Let's be specific: two examples...

1. A candidate for deacon in your church who says outright, "Interracial marriage is an abmination to God." Would that viewpoint stated in that manner disqualify him as a candidate from your church?

2. Broader issue: A candidate for deacon in your church holds views that are racist--such as objecting to people of different races joining your church. Would that disqualify him as a candidate from your church?

Just looking for clarification.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Actually it does. One cannot love his brother and hate his union. If he hates his brothers relationship with the spouse because of prejudice then he is a liar if he says he loves and knows God. 1John. So he has no business in any kind of leadership role. Any prejudice is base on hate, not love.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Being blameless is the requirement so it is possible. Only a fool would accept less and stand against God.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Bob I will share this with you. By the way I did not become a Christian until I was in my 30's and went through women like changing clothes. I once had a church member point out a certain man who was black. He said to me do you know that he is married to a white woman. I replied. That's nothing. I have been married to 3 white women so if black man wants a white woman let him have her. He did not say any more.

#29 freeatlast, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you're not. What you're doing is projecting your own Sharptonesque indoctrination into the question. To you, "issues with [interracial] marriage]" automatically means hate and bigotry, because you've been conditioned to see it that way. Yours is not a thinking shaped by the Scriptures, but by the culture in which it is immersed.

My answer was as specific as the OP, and will have to suffice.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    fal, see above.