1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should We Be Grateful...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To all who have shared...

...I thank you for your honest opinions and unbiased views, and whether you agree with me or not, may:

God bless you, too!​

:flower: I honestly believe, that when it comes to asking Him to bless another (any, and all of you), if it comes from the heart and in a spirit of love (and it is from my heart), then the blessing shared with the fellowship will never falter. Regardless of what some may think, I have always tried (in Him) to remain less than my own ego and beliefs. If Jesus could be mocked, and still love those who mocked Him, why should I expect to be better than the example He set for me to follow? I'm not a cad...I'm simply trying not to get in His way as I walk this path.

And as hard as this is going to be, I apologize to the body of believers on this board for not reflecting His grace and love at times. I was wrong for using a derogative term to describe another brother, and for that, I have sought (and received) HIS forgiveness for my shortcomings (sins). :flower:

#21 righteousdude2, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if a comment like the "false cause of the OP" is right up there with questioning anothers salvation? Like in, "alleged Christians"?

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Since you're wondering if 'false cause of the OP' is synonymous with questioning ones salvation, or, 'alleged Christians' then your understanding and application of things synonymous is tragically off track.

Wonder no longer, it's baseless and needless wondering.

Nothing in the two statements are even remotely synonymous.

I still await proof of the validity of the OP, and for those who came in slinging pejoratives to own up for it, doing so while rebuking others for it. At least RD2 had the fortitude to own up in his last post.

4. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Some people's opinion is more valid. It's because they've had the privilege of being educated in Scripture and Theology. I'm going to listen to N.T. Wright before JesusFan or thereisnonerighteousdudenonotone.

5. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not assumed a position here regarding Paul's place in life or what he offers up to this forum.

What I take exception to is the holier than thou crowd who desire to sit in judgement of another. If this is the case then it's not right; it's not scriptural; it's not Christian. Hence, I question ones sincerity when it comes to ones salvation.

One of the problem(s) in Christian circles today, as evidence here on this forum, is there seems to be no tolerance of others should they hold a different opinion. Like a nose..., we all have one. If one doesn't like the "shape" of my nose there is no real reason to punch me in it.

Consider divorce. Straight laced preachers assume the position that any man who has divorced is unworthy. That's not what the scripture offers, in my opinion.

Consider the requirements of a Bishop. Check it out. 1 Timothy 3. Most can't get past the requirement of being blameless, which I understand refers to never having been found guilty of violating a law. Mans law. Most of the rest of us really can't get past the rest of the requirements. Are we willing to admit it? Nope.

So, we go our merry way taking pot shots at all others. Go figure. To be quite honest with you folks I'm about ready to just abandon this forum, which will probably satisfy a few of you but otherwise, I don't see much on here being offered up outside the position of the existing clique.

6. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Otherwise know as The Pharisees

God help them.

7. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

And some can't get past the requirement of:

They aren't willing to admit it either.

8. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It must be nice to have all the answers and all of ones entire life in a bottle with a neat little cork capping it off. Must be nice, indeed.

9. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

It must be nice to blame all of your troubles on other people. Must be nice indeed.

10. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Otherwise know as The Pharisees

God help them.

I agree. Saw a post a few weeks back where this poster said, "Hello..., I'm new here!"

What an example this forum is offering with most of all under the heading of ego.

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Maybe we all can be a little oversensitive at times, I know that I am. The reason why I try to encourage someone when they're down, is it's always easier to put someone down when they're down. I always want to offer an extended hand to my Brethern when they feel downtrodden.

We all need a "pick me up" from time-to-time, ya know.

12. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe we all can be a little oversensitive at times, I know that I am. The reason why I try to encourage someone when they're down, is it's always easier to put someone down when they're down. I always want to offer an extended hand to my Brethern when they feel downtrodden.

We all need a "pick me up" from time-to-time, ya know.

Amen, brother. It should be only animals that attack when their prey is down! It's in their nature.

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's Called Guerilla Warfare...

...and it was alive and well in Viet Nam; still being used in the middle east against American troops; and a common tactic used by many that want to believe they are believers. While they may be believers, just as those initiating guerrilla warfare tactics against their enemy may, in fact, believe they are soldiers, they do not present themselves in an honorable way that allows the target to fight back. They know they are outclassed, thus they resort to the pot shot, sniper tactics of those throughout the history of warfare who utilize guerrilla warfare to take down their enemy.

The only way to attack those given over to guerrilla warfare is to carpet bomb them into submission, and when you do that, you open yourself up to tons of legitimate criticism.

What may be seen as "whining and crying and "quite superficial," and "offended by almost anything while you refuse to face the truth that your own bad behavior" on my behalf is in all actuality a form of carpet-bombing? It serves to force those who take pot shots at me, to surface and retaliate with their own version of carpet-bombing.

From here, it puts a face on the snipers, and allows those who abhor that tactic to see them for whom they are. :thumbs:

The OP may have been a carpet bombing tactic (on my behalf), but at least it allowed me to share what I have seen as an ongoing problem, and then I can share what is really at the heart of my heart: The need for civility. I, for one, am tired of being bushwhacked and pushed to the point of anger. That is not what I expect from a forum that sets itself up as being Christ-centered!

In short, the snipe hunting, bushwhacking, pot shots need to end. It is not honest, Christ like debating. As one brother puts it, "What I take exception to be the holier than thou crowd who desires to sit in judgement of another. If this is the case, then it's not right; it's not scriptural; it's not Christian. Hence, I question one's sincerity when it comes to one's salvation."

I have had to resort to carpet bombing in the past in order to bring this "sin" before the body, and I can only hope that each and everyone of us will shed the selfishness in our desires to be at the top of the social totem pole, and realize that we are all members of the same body, and that without the toes, or the fingers, or the arms, the body would not be able to function without major liabilities and be seen as disabled.

Paul said it so well when he said that though we are many different parts, we are one in the same and ALL part of the body of Christ.

The problem with this forum, at times, is that it has an immune deficiency problem, and like that particular disease, when the body turns on itself (attacking itself) it is going to die.

Again...I can offer a sincere word of blessing to each of you with the hope and prayer that we can all learn from our mistakes and sins, and go forward with a new and improved desire to not be so socially destructive. After all, we are the church, and we need each other more than we sometimes want to realize!

To quote Rodney King ( (not that I endorse him), "Can't we all just get along?" It can't we simply post our opinions and views without having to worry about being the most right, or most correct, or the best on the forum with the wisest words to offer.

I worked in Vocational rehab in the late 80s, and I found out that if a person were to lose one or more of their toes, they'd never again be able to walk or even stand without tremendous balancing deficits. We can't afford to lose even one toe in order to be the more superior "belly button" on the body of Christ. :1_grouphug:

15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    < snip remainder of non-sequitur diatribe. >

16. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

1 Cor. 13:4-8

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

John 13:34-35

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 15:12-17

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

1 Thes. 4:8-9

8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Now, I am not saying you have to agree with anything that Brother Paul states, but you are to love him as a Brother in Christ. In fact, we are commanded to love him, and are taught by God to love him. You don't have to kiss his derriere, mind you, but you could let up on him just a bit.

18. preacher4truth

The 'funny' thing is, that those rushing in to support RD2 are doing the exact same things they accuse others of, up to and including RD2...using pejoratives, including looking 'pharisaical' to boot. But, you know, they're justified in doing so, correct, because it's from 'them'? :wavey:

19. preacher4truth

It's a covert operation while looking 'pious' in public. :wavey:

20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well, I can not see what someone sends via a PM. If these are factual remarks, then that's a cause for concern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.