1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Side comments on the "William & Myself" thread...

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by robycop3, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Askjo

Askjo New Member

FOREIGN LANGUAGE BIBLES

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am sorry - I don't find the answer to my questions there. All I found was a list of Bible societies and publishers. If you could just answer my question I would be very appreciative.

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Do you deny God provided His Word to all nations? God DID!!!

There was the Bible for French-speaking people: Olivetan Bible BEFORE the KJV appeared.

There was the Bible for German-speaking people: Tepl Bible BEFORE the KJV appeared.

There was the Bible for Italian-speaking people: Waldensian Bible BEFORE the KJV appeared.

There was the Bible for Latin-speaking people: Old Latin Bible BEFORE the KJV appeared.

There was the Bible for Syriac-speaking people: Old Syriac Bible BEFORE the KJV appeared.

And more.

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, that's 5. But there are over 5,000 languages on Earth. Please name the rest of the bible's God provided to all nations that are the same as the KJV.

Oh, and, you listed the same bible twice when you said:
    The Waldenses used the Old Latin or the Latin Vulgate. Read "The Noble Lesson" to confirm what bible they used. [​IMG]

5. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I provided 5 Bibles that C4K would see them. That is enough. If you have information on 5,000 languages. Can you provide me ALL of bibles if you can? [​IMG]

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I provided 5 Bibles that C4K would see them. That is enough. If you have information on 5,000 languages. Can you provide me ALL of bibles if you can? [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Mr. Correa isn't doing too hot in providing Scriptural support for the assertions of others he's copied, such as those of Dr. D.O.Fuller. Maybe you can do better.

Can YOU provide SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT proving the versions you named are "THE OFFICIAL" Bibles for each of the languages you named? If not, it's guesswork, same as is KJVO.

7. Keith M

Keith M New Member

To expand on Ed's post a bit, the word "Lucifer" (KJV) and "morning star," (NIV, HCSB) "star of the morning," (NASB) or "day-star" (ASV) are all from the Hebrew heylel. According to Strong's, heylel is defined as:

Now Strong's has been around a lot longer than there has been a KJVO movement. As a matter of fact, Strong's has been around a whole lot longer than there have been so-called "modern versions." This definition was a perfect argument against what many KJVOs claim long before the KJVOs even thought about this claim. As we can see from the definition, "Lucifer" and "morning star" are both legitimate translations of the original Hebrew heylel, one being just as good as the other. What is different is not necessarily inferior, as many who have fallen victim to the KJVO myth would have us believe.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I provided 5 Bibles that C4K would see them. That is enough. If you have information on 5,000 languages. Can you provide me ALL of bibles if you can? [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]5 is not enough. Youir claim is that God provided His book for every nation. You only gave me 5, some of which are debateable.

How about Korean, Japanaese, Chinese, Nigerian (any of the hundreds of tribal dialects), Afrikaans, the languages of the Indian subcontinent, etc. etc.

You made quite a claim Askjo, care to reconsider? I would like to see Bible evidence for each translation please.

9. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But I didn't make the false claim. You did when you said "Do you deny God provided His Word to all nations? God DID!!!"

You said ALL but only gave us 5 versions (really 4 because the Old Latin is listed twice). And even those 4 differ with the KJV quite often.

So, the burden of proof is on you. You made the claim, it is up to you to either back it up or admit you spoke falsely and retract the false statement.

10. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Not enough? Wrong!!! You OVERLOOKED what I said. Re-read my previous post SAYING, "And more".

Can you name all of foreign Bibles for me, please? If not, do not complain at me! Complain at YOUR God!

Read this verse that is not what I said, but what God said.

Romans 16:26 KJV
    But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith.

According to your quotation: "there are over 5,000 languages on Earth." I asked you to name all of foreign Bibles, but I did not see your answer to my question. Where are these names of all foreign Bibles according to your saying, "5,000"?

11. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not claim there were bibles in all languages. YOU DID! Are you honest enough to admit you spoke falsely? If not, back up your false claim!

12. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Did I? You are 100% wrong because you rejected Romans 16:26. YOU DENY that God is interested in having His Words translated accurately into the languages of every person in this world.

13. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Askjo, you were asked for SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT to prove your choices for the "official" Bibles for several languages, by C4K and by me. I see no indication that you've touched any answer whatsoever. If you cannot support your choices by SCRIPTURE, then they're guesswork & not too likely to be correct.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Did I? You are 100% wrong because you rejected Romans 16:26. YOU DENY that God is interested in having His Words translated accurately into the languages of every person in this world. </font>[/QUOTE]No one denied Romans 16v26, all I asked for was a list of all the Bibles in all languages. I would be happy with 30-40 instead of 5,000 if that would be easier for you.

15. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you did. Here is what you said, "Do you deny God provided His Word to all nations? God DID!!!"
    No, I do not reject Romans 16:26. I believe Romans 16:26. Please don't like about me or what I believe. Neither do I deny that God is interested in all people of all languages. Please don't lie about what I said or what I believe. I believe it is incumbent on us to see that the bible is translated into every one of the 5000+ languages on Earth, but that is beside the point. You claimed that God already did that. That is not true. Please be honest.

16. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did I? You are 100% wrong because you rejected Romans 16:26. YOU DENY that God is interested in having His Words translated accurately into the languages of every person in this world. </font>[/QUOTE]Here's a problem. Oftentimes the first Bible translated into a language is not very accurate. A KJVO advocate might say that the best Bible in Japanese is the Motoyaku ("Original Translation"), which was the first complete Bible in Japanese. It was translated from the KJV with reference to the TR, Chinese Bible of Morrison, etc. However, it was a lousy translation which I wouldn't use even if it were in print. Just one example: "wine" in the KJV was sometimes translated as sake ("rice wine," a very powerful drink). So in Japan, an MV is a much better translation than the supposed "KJV type" translation. Which would you use?

17. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

I provided 5 Bibles that C4K would see them. That is enough. If you have information on 5,000 languages. Can you provide me ALL of bibles if you can? [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]5 is not enough. Youir claim is that God provided His book for every nation. You only gave me 5, some of which are debateable.

How about
    You made quite a claim Askjo, care to reconsider? I would like to see Bible evidence for each translation please.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Go to the link you deleted and read for yourself. About " GOD ONLY WROTE ONE BIBLE" God gave His Word to the Jews Not to the Korean, Japanaese, Chinese, Nigerian (any of the hundreds of tribal dialects), Afrikaans, the languages of the Indian subcontinent, etc. etc. And Like wise he Used England and the USA to spread HIs word Because English is the most popular language. Why is Every country teaching the English language? So They can Be taught His WORD! and translate his word into their language But as far as English is concerned the AV 1611 is it. and all others are REVISIONS!and not word for word from TR. thanx and have a Wonderful Easter.

18. william s. correa

Yes, you did. Here is what you said, "Do you deny God provided His Word to all nations? God DID!!!"
    No, I do not reject Romans 16:26. I believe Romans 16:26. Please don't like about me or what I believe. Neither do I deny that God is interested in all people of all languages. Please don't lie about what I said or what I believe. I believe it is incumbent on us to see that the bible is translated into every one of the 5000+ languages on Earth, but that is beside the point. You claimed that God already did that. That is not true. Please be honest.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Read HEBREWS 4 :3

19. william s. correa

I provided 5 Bibles that C4K would see them. That is enough. If you have information on 5,000 languages. Can you provide me ALL of bibles if you can? [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Mr. Correa isn't doing too hot in providing Scriptural support for the assertions of others he's copied, such as those of Dr. D.O.Fuller. Maybe you can do better.

Can YOU provide SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT proving the versions you named are "THE OFFICIAL" Bibles for each of the languages you named? If not, it's guesswork, same as is KJVO.
    </font>[/QUOTE]HELL is HOT and heaven SWEET. If you need more proof Ask yourself one thing : Do I Know ALL things? And in the Little that I do Know, can God Have Only One Book Written? And Which ONE would It Be? ummmmmmmmmm... Read Hebrews 4:3, Galatians 1:4-9 KJB Somebody say AMEN!

20. william s. correa

Did I? You are 100% wrong because you rejected Romans 16:26. YOU DENY that God is interested in having His Words translated accurately into the languages of every person in this world. </font>[/QUOTE]Here's a problem. Oftentimes the first Bible translated into a language is not very accurate. A KJVO advocate might say that the best Bible in Japanese is the Motoyaku ("Original Translation"), which was the first complete Bible in Japanese. It was translated from the KJV with reference to the TR, Chinese Bible of Morrison, etc. However, it was a lousy translation which I wouldn't use even if it were in print. Just one example: "wine" in the KJV was sometimes translated as sake ("rice wine," a very powerful drink). So in Japan, an MV is a much better translation than the supposed "KJV type" translation. Which would you use? </font>[/QUOTE]How much POISON is in rat poison? the devil never "ADDS" to the Word he "TAKES AWAY" from it;he knows that people who have read the KJB )If they studied it) if something was added they would know it wasn't there: So he always takes away from the word, he is a thief and a liar and a murderer from the beggining!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.