1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

simultaneously saint and sinner

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by MojoTurbo, Feb 10, 2011.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What does 1 John 1:8 say? The fact you say you do not sin daily is a sin in itself.

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Freeatlast...

You are just not going to give up this self rightiousness, are you?

Here is an interesting passage of scripture for your consideration...

Now...before you get all in a uproar, I am not saying you are lost. But their is a principle in this passage of scripture that will do you a lot of good, if you can grab hold of it, and internalize it.

God bless.

#62 Alive in Christ, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
  3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I certainly thank you for the reminder. I will pray about it.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am still waiting on an answer. I am not trying be smart. Do you believe the text or not and which camp are you in?
    1john 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5. Alive in Christ

Webdog posted to freeatlast..

1 John 1:8...

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

There is only one reason you do not reply. You have developed a doctrine that is contrary to scripture and you hold tighter to it then to scripture. That is one of the main problems in the church today. people rejecting the word of God for their own beliefs.

7. Alive in Christ

Freeatlast...

You posted this to crabtownboy...

Free, you need to go and stand in front of a full size mirror, and repeat that statement to the person you see in the mirror.

Seriously.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Freeatlast, positionally we are saints, set apart by God and made holy, but we are not sinless...yet. That is why John says:

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes positionally we are saints and positionally and in experience the lost are sinners. But we are not only positionaly saints. We are also in experience and growing in that experience. No child of God continues to practice sin 1john 3. Sinlessness has never been mentioned or even hinted to. Also if you read the passage carefully you see it says this; " if any man sin" not when any man sin. As Christians we are not expected to sin now that we have been given everything pertaining to Godliness, but IF we do there is a provision.
    So we are saints that at times commit a sin. We are not saints/sinners. We are saints saved by grace, not sinners saved by grace. We were sinners and are now saved and are saints. Sinners is a designation for the lost not the saved as the term is one of on going rebellion.

#69 freeatlast, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011