1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Small-Business Hiring Intent Plummets To Four-Year Low

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

I can't speak for anyone else. For us, our spending dropped dramatically when we retired from the labor force. For one thing, we are determined to stay out of debt, if at all possible. That's not something that we'll strap on the backs of our heirs. Nor, ending up cheating lenders with our Lord calls us home.

We are no longer buying gasoline to commute to work. Nor, buying additional clothing necessary for our previous jobs. Nor are we doing "lunch hour" shopping and other 9-5 activities that involved spending money. My clunker of a vehicle died and I haven't replaced it, yet. Had I been working, there would haven't been any choice. In fact, my clunker wouldn't have lived as long as it did, if I were still driving 42+ miles per day. By now, I'd be probably be looking for a 2nd replacement, instead of "thinking" about the 1st one.

Regardless of how you slice and dice it, most unemployed people (for whatever reason) just don't have enough money to support this consumer based economy. That is, at the spending level needed to produce material growth. True economic growth comes from production and not consumption of another's production. China learned this lesson well.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, that was lame. I'll try harder in the future. :type: