1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So All of Us here On BB Would fall Under Either Arminian/Amyradian/Calvinist Camps?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Apr 16, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

That these would be the ONLY 3 possible camps that'real baptists" would be able to be aligned with?

Any other type of explaining about salvation would be heretical?

2. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

:tonofbricks: :BangHead:

All the labeling on this board.

I guess I would be called Arminian since I say I'm not a Calvinist. But I uphold nor deny either view in its entirety.

I'm also a partial preterist about prophecy since its a view that makes since and doesn't require any strange hermeneutics or Scripture twisting. But I would fall under many labels for that.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, there is much blood in the camp...

Judges 12
    5 And the Gileadites took the passages of Jordan before the Ephraimites: and it was so, that when those Ephraimites which were escaped said, Let me go over; that the men of Gilead said unto him, Art thou an Ephraimite? If he said, Nay;
    6 Then said they unto him, Say now Shibboleth: and he said Sibboleth: for he could not frame to pronounce it right. Then they took him, and slew him at the passages of Jordan: and there fell at that time of the Ephraimites forty and two thousand.​

HankD​

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there a reason for all of the controversial threads you are posting, JesusFan?

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What makes a real Baptist is being a real born again Christian, anyone who attends a Baptist Church but is not born again is not a real Baptist.

Heresy and Heretics come from the dark ages, those in power, whether the majority or not, condemn those who hold differing beliefs. So when the differing beliefs were in fact unbiblical, those actually met the idea. But when those who held differing beliefs held the biblical beliefs, then they were not "real" heretics, those in power were.

Consider the reformation. Those with the bibilical, or at least more biblical views, were branded and burned.

The Bible does teach that we should not let factious people remain in the flock. But they were out for money or glory or a following. Or they were trolls, who just like to demonstrate how much they knew and belittle others.

But when the Baptists demand only ear ticklers, and are unwilling to test what they believe against what the Word of God says, they are not "real" Baptists seeking to grow in their knowledge of the truth.

God Bless

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All true brother.

Remember Jesus' words

Matthew 13
    27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
    28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
    29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
    30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

We must rebuke gently:

2 Timothy 2
    24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
    25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
    26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

If no repentance then avoid them.

Titus 3
    9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
    10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
    11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

HankD​