1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So Where Do those Who hold To Arminianism Receive Their Assurance From?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Apr 6, 2011.

1. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Are you not quite fond of guilt by association? Why does that not work when applied in your own direction?

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Easy.

The rock solid, unchanging, unalterable, promise from the Creator of heaven and earth, that because my faith has been placed in Gods provision of salvation, through faith in Jesus Christs ability to keep me...I WILL BE SAVED.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why considering the fact I have maintained man has one?

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not sure what you are talking about considering soteriology and eschatology are not the same thing.

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Tell you what. You work on it on your end and I'll work on it from my end. Maybe what we come up with we can make some money by selling the rights.

Ooooommmmmmm. Nothing yet.

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Well, it has to definitely be something short and snappy. That's why I'm leaning toward DoG, and StephanM wants to come up with something for DawG. You're welcome to join our project.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How about Kimbleism considering you are "non-arm" (Kimble saw the one arm man kill his wife in the Fugitive :)

or...

Prostheticism?

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I have a name from my "theology": Arm 'N Hammer!!!

If you don't agree with me, you get the Arm N' Hammer to the head!! :laugh:

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Okay, how 'bout "Howard the Duck"??? LOL J/K Brother Tom!!

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Here is where I get my assurance from:

Psa. 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

Matt. 7: 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not:for it was founded upon a rock.

Luke 6:47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

I am founded on THE ROCK; and can not be shaken off of it!!! Praise His sweet name!!

i am I AM's!!

Willis

11. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Sorry I thought you had said we didn't my apologies.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now there you go....thats thinking outside the box LOL

But truly No Arm should = Stump so Stump (ism) or Stumpy (ism)......now thats hilarious!

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Why label anyone anything, if we are believers in Christ we are Christians.
    The Doctrinal view we have is a secondary issue. Isn't it better to ask it those who don't hold to the Doctrine of Calvin and those who don't hold to the Doctrine of Arminious are Christians saved by Grace just like those who hold to those Doctrines.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dont be a kill joy. I still like Stumpyism!:laugh:

15. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a killjoy I enjoy debating I just don't like labeling.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK whats Calvinist, Whats Arminian, Whats Papist......come on, I was joking.

17. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

See those make most people bristle and ready to argue. Those who hold to Calvin's teaching, those who hold to Aminius teaching and there are others who hold to other views of teaching. Then we can debate without someone getting bristled. I kinda like seeing them bristle up and squirm but that really isn't how our Lord would want us to discuss scripture, He wants us to find common ground in Christ and then tell our views and seek the Divine Guidence of the Holy Spirit in our interpretation.
    I worked with a fellow one time who was into the Way International movement ever heard of them? He felt he could convert me to their doctrinal view but in the end he had to admit we would agree to disagree. When we go into discussion really seeking the Lords Guidence with an open mind and not be a Nicodemus we can get things accomplished it took a while for Nicodemus to get it but he did finally get it.

18. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Agree with your premise, but would be hard to get a "common ground" with the Way, as they are a big time Cult....

#38 JesusFan, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
  19. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Oh I know, the Way was big time and we really had trouble finding anything in common but my point was as you say to find that common ground and we can here.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suggest that your going to find too many callose people on here to find much common ground unless your theology is the same. Since Ive found mine late in life Im far more grounded & relaxed with it & others beliefs as well.