1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soldier KIA in Iraq: Obama calls it work related death?!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 21, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed-states-servicemember-killed-iraq/92465598/

It is a tragedy to lose one America serviceman in war! Even if we are not at war or if the soldiers are not in a war torn nation in a non-combat role, dead is dead! So I am holding my breath to hear how the White House will address the death of yet another GI in a so called non combat role!

It is also a tragedy to see one more GI killed in what was once one of the bloodiest battles in the Iraq war, fighting to onceagain tale Mosul, a city the Marines fought and died to liberate years ago, only to fall to ISIS after Obama and Clinton passively passed the city back to a nation not ready to defend itself from terrorists or an enemy set on establishing a Caliphate.

IMO, the blood of an American is on the hands of this President and his one time Secretary of State. Should they be held responsible for this death, or is it merely another "Oops!" moment in history?

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read the article.

"The U.S. military did not release details."

In the infamous words of Sergeant Shultz "I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing-g-g".

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The op is not possible. Obama and the Dems have said we do not have troops in Iraq and they will not agree to put them there. So the op must be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That means the soldier will have died in vain. Plus no medals for his sacrifice. Whata shame. What a crock. I suppose he wasn't getting extra pay for being in a war zone eother????

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must have missed where the president called it "a work-related injury." Anyway, I'm pretty sure that he qualified for danger pay and for awards. And the Marines didn't fight at Mosul; maybe you meant Fallujah. The Iraqi army basically abandoned it to the peshmerga and the American Army occupied it.