1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some Abortion Foes Shifting Focus From Ban to Reduction

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Or the forced confiscation of my hard earned income to fund such things. That is the issue. I am to the point as to whether or not to just quit working, go on welfare, just so that not one penny of mine goes to shed one drop of innocent blood. I really am struggling with this. It is just that serious to me. :BangHead:

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

First of all, the vision of women being killed in backroom abortions has been grossly exaggerated. Although it did happen to some women, most women found doctors who performed abortions when it was illegal, or went to states like NY which had legalized abortion.

Source:
    http://www.prolifeamerica.com/prolife_answers/Answers.cfm?ID=40

However, every abortion does kill a baby.

3. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, what I said may be considered nonesense...

However, ask yourself one question...

During this age of Grace is God a gentleman or does He force people to act and do things against their will...

If He is a gentleman and if He really has given us Free Will, then based on the current trend I have to agree with "Crabby" that it is highly unlikely in the extreme that the landscape will change in the foreseeable future.

(Notwithstanding if we were to have a True Revival Nationwide. Abortions would cease because of not enough unsaved to utilize the clinics. Not because they were outlawed.)

But, as this is such an emotional issue. And, seeing that when people engage emotions they seldom also engage reason...

Perhaps it's time to close this thread?

Mike Sr.

I no longer have to ask the question of whose "religious will" would you have forced on all others? It is clear from your posts. With Patrick Henry I say, "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death!" Sometimes my Fellow Christians scare me more than Obama!

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ah yes. God is a gentleman and He would never insist on laws that will protect innocent human life. You have got to be kidding me. Talk about a lack of sound reasoning.:BangHead:

#44 Revmitchell, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
  5. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

AW nuts!...

I think it is you who are kidding...

Just be glad I am not one of *your* parishioners! :laugh:

Why, I might drive you to drink... Or, even give you a heart attack!

Of course if you actually read and followed my line of reasoning you would see something very different from what your retort indicates you saw...

Mike Sr.