1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Some Dems Boycotting Inauguration

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Rolfe, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More Democratic Legislators Plan on Sitting Out Trump’s Swearing-In

WASHINGTON—The number of Democratic lawmakers planning to skip Donald Trump’s inauguration ceremony Friday is growing, with more joining in the boycott after the president-elect took to Twitterover the weekend to rebuke civil rights leader Rep. John Lewis (D., Ga.) for saying Mr. Trump wasn’t a “legitimate president.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/more-de...-on-sitting-out-trumps-swearing-in-1484502998

Pretty tacky.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They're democrats.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Squirrels climb, fish swim, snakes slither, dims protest - hey, it's just what they do!!
    :Laugh:Whistling

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds swell to me.

5. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good the Democrats have Turned their Backs on our True GOD the FATHER, HIS SON Jesus ( Yeshua ) Christ and the Holy Ghost ( Holy Spirit )!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you figure that?

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a rhetorical question, is it not???:Thumbsdown

8. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Partisan politics is supposed to diminish when the votes are counted. We are supposed to be in the let's pull together mode. Our founding fathers would be proud. Notice: The U.S. Constitution still stands, somewhat assailed, but still worth fighting for.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "FAKE NEWS" now go out and buy LLBean goods because "God & Trump" would want you to. BTW, Goldman Saks is the new "Kingdom of Heaven." :Biggrin:Laugh:Roflmao

10. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why go. It is always cold in Washington on January 20th and we can watch it in warmth at home in a comfortable chair ... don't have to contend with the crowds in the subway or on the streets.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So here is a Donald Trump 5AM Tweet storm in the making, courtesy of Michael Moore.

Here’s why Congressman and civil rights legend John Lewis is right that Trump “is not a legitimate President”:

1. Nothing, including an arcane, racist section of the constitution, can change the fact that 3 million more Americans voted for Hillary than for Trump. It’s either a democracy or it isn’t. If he had won by 3 million, I would sadly admit that Trump is the President the American people wanted. But that’s not what happened.

2. He is not well and needs help. He has a number of serious mental disorders that make him unfit to hold office — and they are on display every day in one cringe-worthy tweet after another. He is a full-blown malignant narcissist. He displays sociopathic tendencies. He will say one thing and 30 seconds later say the opposite. He is disconnected from the truth. And he has a stunning lack of human empathy. These behaviors make him a truly dangerous occupant of the Oval Office.

3. The Russians interfered with the election in order to get him elected. Even Trump now admits as much. That alone makes the election tainted and should be voided. We spend trillions on ridiculous weapons and ineffective police state-style homeland security measures to defend us against those who would “destroy our way of life” — but we are to remain silent when a foreign government is caught trying to get THEIR candidate elected as OUR president? AND they succeed! This is a joke of monstrous proportions — and the fact that conservatives, Republicans and patriotic good ol’ boys are actively defending this foreign aggression into our country confirms to me what I’ve feared all along: that they really hate our form of democracy, our Bill of Rights, our belief that “All men (sic) are created equal,” our one person-one vote system, that whoever scores the most points wins and that people of all religions are welcome here. They don’t believe that, and I’d respect them so much more if they would just simply admit it.

4. The FBI clearly chose sides, and FBI Director Comey’s interference in the 10 days before the election most-definitely helped tipped the balance to the FBI’s preferred candidate, Donald J. Trump. That our own federal police would so brazenly attempt to throw the election to the person with the least votes is mind-boggling, frightening and must be stopped. Attorney General Lynch must immediately, today, appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate what to me appears to be a criminal offense. If this is true, I want to see FBI Director Comey in handcuffs and behind bars. Short of murder and a few other heinous acts, is there a worse crime in our democracy than the highest ranking cop in the land attempting to throw the election?

5. Trump has nominated in Rex Tillerson the most powerful corporate CEO in the world as “our” Secretary of State. Why would the quarter-billionaire head of the world’s richest corporation want a “government job?” So that he, a personal friend of Putin’s, can get the US sanctions lifted off Russia so that his company, ExxonMobil, can get back to their exclusive oil deal with Russia — which will eventually net ExxonMobil three TRILLION dollars. This is nothing less than a bold, audacious robbery in broad daylight — and it says a lot about you and me that they think they can get away with it.

6. Trump has potentially committed a number of felonies — and a felon simply can’t sit in the Oval Office (I can’t believe I even have to state that). From his admitted sexual assaults to whatever he’s hiding in the tax returns, to possibly evading taxes, to his committing fraud with Trump U, to his long list of conflicts of interest — the chance of us having to suffer through his impeachment trial in the Senate is just too much to bear.

Donald Trump is, as John Lewis said, NOT a legitimate president. He is unfit, unstable and was elected with help from the Russian government. John Lewis has announced he will not attend the Inauguration, and eight other members of Congress today have joined him. Call (202-225-3121) or write your Congressperson and insist he or she not attend the swearing in of an illegitimate president. It’s the least you can do short of standing in front of this runaway train. — Michael Moore

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well .... you know that what they are saying is they don't think Trump is a legitimate president. He has got to be steaming.:Whistling

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "It’s either a democracy or it isn’t. " -- Michael Moore.

Right. It's a REPUBLIC....read your Constitution....

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't that how Russa defines itself?

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But according to the law of the land, it is not the popular vote that votes in the president any more than the most runs over 7 games wins the World Series. We are not a democracy so that there shows that Mr. Moore is quite ignorant regarding the United States of America.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, but Republicans are cool with Russia now for reasons that I can't understand.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK......how are doing with Mexico...they are also a Republic.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No but he in tune with Democrats who follow the Republican agenda of obstructionism.

BTW...how is Trump doing in Patchogue?

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Trump won Patchogue, I believe (he won Suffolk County). Why do you ask?

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I predicted it...but I screwed up on Pennsylvania.