1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sound Doctrine & Love

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by adisciplinedlearner, Jul 22, 2010.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, Lori, that is not true.
    He left the Catholic Church by force. He was kicked out--excommunicated. He had no choice but to leave. Why do you think Martin Luther and his followers were so anathematized by the RCC.

2. adisciplinedlearner

adisciplinedlearner New Member

Personally, I doubt that Martin Luther was a saved man. Just as most people do not know the real Martin Luther King, so most people do not know the real Martin Luther. I was not taught about the real Martin Luther in Bible college and seminary.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Have you ever considered the actual practice of these things, or does it only work if one is outside a few selected verses in John 6????:laugh:

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What college and seminary did you go to?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have taught through the Book of John chapter by chapter, verse by verse. It is a college course that I teach.

But you don't have the intestinal fortitude to even attempt to expound that one small passage in John 6. You act like a coward.

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

Now there is a clear demonstration of honesty and love.:laugh:

7. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

This is your MO! You either change the subject, attack your opponent, pit scripture against scripture, but NEVER deal with the text in any expository or exegetical fashion. Why don't you just be honest enough to admit you simply can't respond and/or don't plan to respond as that is exactly the case.

8. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

John, this is real lame! You can't deal with the Biblical evidence so you divert the discussion with the attempt to originate justification by faith with some uninspired historical person. It could be argued that Calvinistic Waldenses Confessions of faith predated both Calvin and Luther by three to four hundred years. It could be argued that Augustine predated Calvin and Luther in regard to the the doctrine of grace by a thousand years and the real fact is that none of them claimed to originate anything but rather claimed to simply expound the book of Romans by the Apostle Paul.

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Untruths are argued every day but that makes them no less untruths.

What makes so many of these discussions so unfruitful is that often we are dealing with confessed liars ( like DHK who has never recanted his statement that all men are liars) who believe that when they sin or lie it has already been forgiven before they even commit the sin. It matters not what they say or do in the end, all has been forgiven apart from the fulfilling of the least of the conditions, repentance included…….or so they in their deception believe. I wonder if they stated such beliefs on their applications for the jobs they hold? Hmmmmm.

From all appearances, the only thing we can trust or believe is that they will keep on sinning and lying in the same manner as they do now, hardly a basis for trust or love. I would welcome some evidence that what I am saying is untrue.

Anyway I slice it, the end results of such doctrinal positions is about as far from 'Sound Doctrine & Love' towards God and man as I could dream possible.

#29 Heavenly Pilgrim, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
  10. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

You talk about pure distortion. DHK has taught no such thing. That is the general accusation that Paul predicted would be made against those who taught justification by faith alone:

And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just. - Rom. 3:6

20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:....
    1 ¶ What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
    - Roml 5:22,6:1

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1. Your denial of OSAS puts you in a state of continual confusion.
    2. You cannot separate justification from sanctification.
    3. Because of the above you cannot separate forgiveness of sins in respect to salvation, and forgiveness of sins in respect to sanctification or our walk with God.
    4. A denial of OSAS leads to a works-based salvation.
    5. You cannot accept the plain teaching of the Word of God in Romans 3:4 which plainly states "every man a liar." Which part of that verse do you not understand?
    The evidence is in your own life. In your own posts you have called me names, insulted me, lied about me, cast aspersions, etc. Is this Godly? Is it the fruit of the Spirit, or the works of the flesh? You tell me.
    You don't live up to your own theology. Why should anyone believe you?

12. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I will simply let the listener decide what is the truth. :thumbs:

13. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's probably best. <smile>

#33 Thinkingstuff, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
  14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

HP you said about me, or rather used my words and implied the same about me:

Here is the difference. I know I sin. I know also that all my sins are forgiven: past, present and future. If I happen to say something that insults you or offends you and I realize that it is wrong I don't lose my salvation. That sin is already under the blood. It was forgiven on the day that I trusted Christ. It may cause my fellowship with my heavenly Father to be affected, so, in accordance to 1John 1:9, I simply confess it to him and he forgives me immediately and that fellowship is restored. I am secure in the hand of God. My sins are under the blood. I don't live a life of fear. All my sins have been forgiven, forever and eternally.

As for you, the Bible says that you are a liar, and you live in fear of that because you know that you can lose your salvation.
    BTW, that is a works salvation.