1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

spiraling downward

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Could this be the very beginning of this worlds final steps in our downward sprial to destruction? Make a documentary in order to make that which is unthinkable dinner table conversation. Condition our minds and especially that of our children to accept the perverse.
    How much more will God tolerate. "His mercy endureth forever"

Forgive me for being part of this.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...ance,0,6997847.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

that is disgusting beyond words

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think this shows that humans are not moving forward, or evolving, as many claim. Rather the human race is moving backwards. Why? SIN.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Not moving backwards, man has always been like this, it is just more socially acceptable for it to be publicly known, and as it becomes more socially acceptable it becomes more acceptable to take part in these types of activities. No, man is not moving backwards, man is coming out of the closet and revealing his sin rather then hiding it.

5. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

It is disgusting, but probably nothing new. I had a biology professor claim that syphillis originated with sheeps, but I never found any documentation to back that claim up, nor do I want to look.

It does make you wonder how much more can the world take, and this was written in a format to attempt make it sound as just one more alternative lifestyle, they managed to succeed with homosexuality.

6. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

Also, I think the 2nd law of thermodynamics is very relavant to the world as a whole.

The entropy of the universe tends to a maximum

Entropy being defined as a measure of the disorder of any system.

Now the Question for the unbeliever, or maybe even the believer; who is the law giver??

7. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

It happens," the filmmaker said, "so it's part of who we are."

Well, it's not a part of who I am. Where I live, sex with animals is a Class D Felony. If I remember correctly, people who do that must register with the police department as sex offenders.

8. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

Sadly, it is a part of our world. If it is true that many sexually transmitted diseases originate in other species, then all of us are effected as our world is dealing with STF's in pandemic proportions. If it were not for this and many other sins, humans in gerneral, would be a lot healthier.

As for the beginning of the end...this is something that has been around for a very long time...long enough that it is mentioned specifically in Leviticus.

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

What in the world do the laws of thermodynamics have to do with the subject of that article?

10. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

It appears that the movie centers around an acutal event. I was reading some news areticles regarding the event and I found it interesting that although what occured was not a crime in Washington, police investigated anyway because it is commonly associated with other deviant sex acts including rape, child molestation, etc.

If there is a plus side to a documentary of this and all the attention it recieves (it is nominiated for a Grand Jury Prize at Sundance), maybe it will be linking all sorts of diviant behavior as lifestyle. I think the more we see homosexuality (and other sexual sins) as a way someone chooses to behave the closer we are to biblical truth.

I know it is customary to provide a link when referring to an article, but in this case, the article contained some graphic descriptions of the case, and I didn't feel it was appropriate to link it.

11. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

It is a universal law that everything tends towards chaos basically. Quite the opposite of evolving; and God is the ultimate law giver. There has been much debate about the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics being a model from everything small as an atom, to the universe in general.

12. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, once upon a time, we used to think of homosexuality this way too... Now it looks so normal and even "hip". :tear:

13. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

He was wrong, or perhaps you misunderstood him. When syphillis (apparently endemic in the New World) was taken to Europe, it caused a huge health problem.

"Syphilis," the proper name of a fictional shepherd, entered our language in a long poem composed in 1,300 verses of elegant Latin hexameter and published in 1530 by the greatest physician of his generation (and my second favorite character of the time, after Leonardo da Vinci)--a gentleman from Verona (also the home of Romeo and Juliet), Girolamo Fracastoro (1478-1553). Fracastoro dabbled in astronomy (he became friendly with Copernicus when both studied medicine at Padua), made some crucial geological observations about the nature of fossils, wrote dense philosophical treatises and long classical poems, and held high status as the most celebrated physician of his time (in his role as papal doctor, for example, he supervised the transfer of the Council of Trent to Bologna in 1547, both to honor his holiness's political preferences and to avoid a threatened epidemic). In short, a Renaissance man of the Renaissance itself.
    My inspiration for this essay flowed from the stark contrast between Fracastoro's christening of syphilis in 1530 and the style and substance of a 1998 paper on the genome of the bacterium that truly causes syphilis. Fracastoro could not resolve the origins of syphilis and didn't even recognize its venereal mode of transmission. So he wrote a poem and devised a myth, naming syphilis to honor a fictional shepherd of his own invention.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1134/is_8_109/ai_65913170

The connection with sheep is literary (and in the poem, the disease was attributed to the wrath of Apollo, not bestiality)

That would make babies rather hard to explain. Thermodynamics doesn't object to increasing complexity.

I don't think you quite understand what thermodynamics says. Botzmann, who founded statistical thermodynamics, was a Darwinian.

14. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

I completely understand thermodynamics as a physics based law, but I don't think anyone quite understands the philosophical implication of this law applying to the universe. To further complicate things consider the following by Professor Stephen Hawking regarding the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. Isn't this fun!! :laugh:

It is a matter of common experience, that things get more disordered and chaotic with time. This observation can be elevated to the status of a law, the so-called Second Law of Thermodynamics. This says that the total amount of disorder, or entropy, in the universe, always increases with time. However, the Law refers only to the total amount of disorder. The order in one body can increase, provided that the amount of disorder in its surroundings increases by a greater amount. This is what happens in a living being. One can define Life to be an ordered system that can sustain itself against the tendency to disorder, and can reproduce itself. That is, it can make similar, but independent, ordered systems. To do these things, the system must convert energy in some ordered form, like food, sunlight, or electric power, into disordered energy, in the form of heat. In this way, the system can satisfy the requirement that the total amount of disorder increases, while, at the same time, increasing the order in itself and its offspring. A living being usually has two elements: a set of instructions that tell the system how to sustain and reproduce itself, and a mechanism to carry out the instructions. In biology, these two parts are called genes and metabolism. But it is worth emphasising that there need be nothing biological about them. For example, a computer virus is a program that will make copies of itself in the memory of a computer, and will transfer itself to other computers. Thus it fits the definition of a living system, that I have given. Like a biological virus, it is a rather degenerate form, because it contains only instructions or genes, and doesn’t have any metabolism of its own. Instead, it reprograms the metabolism of the host computer, or cell. Some people have questioned whether viruses should count as life, because they are parasites, and can not exist independently of their hosts. But then most forms of life, ourselves included, are parasites, in that they feed off and depend for their survival on other forms of life. I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive.

:tonofbricks: :jesus:

15. Daisy

Daisy New Member

In his Theory of Everything, Hawkings attributes universal increasing entropy to the expanding universe; he says when the universe begins to contract, entropy will decrease.

16. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

I feel it should have been the Churches responsibility to expose sins like this and homosexuality before the media does through it's varied interpetations. If only we were ther to make homosexuals ahamed and repentatnt instead of ignoring them, we'd never have so many going to hell with AIDS and all that mess. We must not make "taboo" a positive label for these guys to wear.

17. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Straight people get AIDS, too.

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

there are more children in the world with aids then adults.

19. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

In an article I read, it said that this is not illegal in the state of Washington.

20. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

But it spreads because of relations outside marriage. Those who get it via blood transfusions or needle accidents are the exceptions (and those born with an AIDS mother), but it wouldn't be in the blood supply if no one had it.

AIDS would have been contiained or maybe never happened if extramarital relations did not happen. I am not saying that anyone deserves it, just pointing out facts. It is not like TB or malaria or the flu, something over which we have little control (aside from vaccinations).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.