1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Spiritual life

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by The Biblicist, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Allan

Allan Active Member

Sorry, but you are not being honest. I have given you evidence to wit you have given nothing in return to invalidate it nor provide ANY proof for your conjectures. Thus far, this is pretty much a one sided affair with little to nothing from you.
    It is not the 'decision of the translator', as if it doesn't matter, it matters and it is a contextual one with regard to the translators. The terms 'with' and 'in' are not often used as being interchangable and as such refer to different meanings. The usage of preposition "en" makes my arguement very important if you understand translation. It is the difference between having a food 'with' me, and having it 'in' me.

You haven't given any supporting evidence to determine that 'in' supports or of necessity means 'indwelling' (take up a constant and consistant residency). And that particular assumption is one you have not supported yet. You expect people to just agree with you when the burden of proof falls upon you to prove it not just postulate it.

Justification and sanctification are what constitute regeneration. Making alive regards union, not existence. (example - Dead being non-existent and life being that you now exist) You are dead in your trespasses and sins (dead meaning not in union with God.. however being in Christ means having life or being in union with God. Justification and Sanctification are the process of what makes a person regenerate or alive. It is not separate from Justification and Sanctification because it derives it very meaning and function from these two things. So yes, they do obtain the same goal while performing different functions. Regenerate = born-again, saved, alive.

I agree, however with one caveat. You have not presented anything logical, much less scriptural to give your position any validity, IMO. Therefore I agree that continuing the discussion is pointless. Without any actual interaction with scripture it leaves your discussion in the realm of philosophical views more so than a biblical one. I to hope to see you in other threads. It's been fun.

#41 Allan, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
  2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You have got to be kidding????? If this is the depth of your soteriology no wonder we cannot communicate rationally. Can you name a Baptist theology book that agrees with this definition of regeneration???????

3. Allan

Allan Active Member

You mean other than the bible being the primary and authoritative book?

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; 1 Cor 15:23

I ask. Up to this present moment in time has there been any other, born of woman, so raised as Christ was raised?

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 1 Cor 15:3

Did he really die for our sins? Was he paid the wages of sin for us? Did he die the death assigned to Adam of, "dying thou dost die?" Relative as the Son of Spirit the God to his Father, did Jesus of Nazareth, "die spiritually," for our sins?

My answer to my first question is presently yes Jesus the Son of God, the Son of man is the only one born of woman that Romans 6:9 and Acts 13:34 applies to. Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. R6:9 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. A13:34

He only of all who have been born of woman has been given the sure mercies of David.

1 Cor 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

If Jesus Christ was not raised to die no more, if he was not raised incorruptible, we are still in our sins and there isn't any such thing as, the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. Faith would be vain and void.

If Jesus had not been raised to die no more incorruptible then his dying, his shed blood did not wash away our sins.

For our sins to be washed away in his blood required Jesus being given life from the dead and to be changed incorruptible.

Washing of regeneration was required for Jesus to become the place of mercy, propitiation, having been, before the world begin set forth through, the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen, in his blood.

Through the work of God he would become the faith.

Titus 3:5 isn't what is done to us at this present time it is what was done to Jesus. Acts 2:32 God raised him up from the dead, regeneration Acts 2:33 God exalted him in glory and gave him the promise of the Holy Spirit, renewing of the Holy Spirit.

Then and only then see John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.---could the Spirit be shed on us by which we will follow him in the regeneration, when the Son of Man comes to sit on the throne of his glory. Matt. 19:28

Regeneration twice in the word of God first Christ, that in all things he might have the preeminence. And then us at his coming.

Show me from scripture where I am wrong.

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Your response is quite revealing. You make up your theology as you go based upon your own interpretation of scripture.

6. Allan

Allan Active Member

No.. but I understand why you don't go by scripture alone. My question should be a revealing one to you and that was it's purpose. If you cannot defend your position from scripture, then don't look to men.

#46 Allan, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013