1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sportscaster Update - Files Suit

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by go2church, Sep 24, 2013.

1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. thisnumbersdisconnected

They asked how his comments would play in human resources?? They expect their in-house human-resources department to represent a broad-spectrum view of religious doctrines? Let's have a copy of their employment requirements for an HR person and see if they state they must be tolerant and fully understand Christian faith principles.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Craig James has no business being in college sports analysis. After his shameful handling of his son's case at Texas Tech that ultimately led to the firing of Mike Leach, I was amazed that ESPN continued to allow James to provide commentary for their channel. He was a poor commentator and analyst while at ESPN. His actions at SMU were unconscionable.

As a candidate he got the butt kicking he deserved for his actions before, during, and after his ESPN career.

However...it is telling about our larger culture that his political views got him fired. Frankly, if they hired him they needed to pay him regardless if they vetted him or not. If they didn't like what they saw, or didn't like the press they got, after hiring they owed him an appropriate buy out of his contract. I don't expect his suit to get too far as the courts are convinced of the need to provide for the gay lobby.

So, that's my take...:)