1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SPRRR....ING!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Sherrie, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

I don't think it is a national holiday here either, its just a thing for those Tartan people. Everyone where your Tartans on a same day as recognition. But no holiday here either, thats for sure. Tho it would really be fun.

Why can't things be fun. If it is a good thing it always taste bad, and is sooooo serious.

Sherrie

2. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Hi Sherrie, glad that you decided to stay. I'm home sick, my family went to a surprise party. So I'm here plucking away on my beloved computer. [​IMG]

I never heard of Tartan Day. Nice to learn about something I had never heard of before.

I feel so weak, I should probably go to bed, but I've been having a really hard time sleeping lately. I get this feeling of forboding and my heart starts pounding. I don't know. Hope it passes soon.

Laurenda [​IMG]

3. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Are you getting this feeling while you are sleeping? Or you just have the feeling and it won't let you go to sleep?

Sherrie

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

It sounds like a bit of anxiety. Trying to force yourself to go to sleep usually makes it worse. BTW, the sense of forboding never comes without a preceding thought. I wouldn't dwell on that at night, but you might want to see if you can track that thought in the daytime. Also, you can only have one thought in your mind at a time; so praying for others really works here.

When I have that, I tell myself it's okay if I don't get to sleep right away...that lessens the anxiety right there.

Then I either pray or read my Bible and before I know it, my heart is no longer pounding and I am fast asleep!

Sweet Dreams,
    Sue

5. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

Thanks for the info on tartan day. I see from Sherrioes link that William Wallace has reappeared.We cant get rid of him can we

yours, Jon.

6. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

In UK we all put our clocks forward one hour this weekend. This will remain untill the end of October. Any of your States/countries done the same?

yours, Jon.

7. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

Its also Mothers day here, so if we let the mums have an hours lie in they get up the same time (think about it)

yours, Jon.

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

jonmagee!!! First Saturday night in April is when we USA'ers run our clocks forward---I like it because it won't get dark around here till around 9pm--gives me extra time in the truck patch, to go fishin', to watch my boy play baseball in his league, all sorts of things that are a bummer to do in the dark!!

Mother's Day is comin' up--11 May! Always look forward to that!

Blackbird

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Now, about that cold weather! I believe my tomato plants made the nite!! I checked the little thermometer I have outside the back door this mornin' and it said---38 degrees!!! I'll give you guys an up date on um later!

What'cha doin' readin' these posts??? You need to be gettin' yourself ready for church!!! Have a good Sunday!

Blackbird

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well, eating my English Muffin and drinking my tea before church and just had to check and see if Blackbird could give me a chuckle... and he did.

Hope all your buds stay on the vine! It's 39 here too.... but the sun is about to break over the hill.

Have a wonderful Lords Day! I had to miss last week because I was still so sick and am working Children's Church today! Looking forward to all those Kool-Aide kisses!

Diane

11. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

I have a bad headache this morning. Right across my forhead. My daughter and husband came yesterday. He had a headach. I wonder if Jonathan gave me this headache. It is really strong and hurts bad.

I do not think I can go today. I think i am going to just send the kids down the street to the missionary Baptist church. They can walk there and back.

It hurts reading all this too.

Sherrie

12. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Now along with the headache my ear and my throat hurt. I took excedrin for migraine and its not going away.

OUCH!

Sherrie

13. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

Sherrie, too much time on the PC is not good for migraine, but how does the other symptoms fit in?

yours, Jon.

14. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I'm getting this feeling before I sleep, It feels sort of like anxiety, but not as nervous ( I don't suffer with anxiety, so I'm only guessing) and lately I've been waking up every hour, after I've slept 3. ie: I go to bed at 11:00, wake up at 1:30 and then wake up every hour on the hour until morning. I don't know why this is happening, but I'm losing a lot of strength. I feel depleted. I've had to take over the counter sleeping pills when it gets really bad...like the other night when I went to bed at 11:00 and layed there staring at the ceiling until 2:30am. ( I am very careful of taking sleeping pills, I don't want to get addicted to them.)

If feels like when you are worried about something, or are really upset about something and can't sleep...but I'm not, so I don't know.

Laurenda

15. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Sherrie, I had a really bad headache like that the day before yesterday. I took Tylenol, then I took Advil. It was really awful. It actually made me nauseous. I think mine was caused by not getting enough sleep.

I hope you feel better Sherrie. Maybe you are coming down with some sort of virus or something. How about putting a cool rag over your eyes and laying in a quiet dark room?

Laurenda

16. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

It looks like there is an extra hour between us untill next week, seeing as we changed our clocks this weekend and you do it next.

How come you are always so different to us? Dont worry, you will soon catch up. (lol)

yours, Jon.

17. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

I took this really long nap. Headache is there, but quiet. I have not been on computer long.

Jon I think it is because you are a man and I am a woman is most of why we are different. hehehehehe! Seriuosly, I wonder if it has anything to do with being on different parts of the continent. heheehe!

Hey Jon, did you preach today?

Sherrie

18. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Laurenda, maybe you need to exercise before bed. I saw an article one time where they said exercise about 2 hours before bed makes you tired. I do not know if it works. But I have been where you are on the sleeping thing. I just wonder if your not stressed about something. I think it just went on for awhile and then finally went away.

I did read that if you have a hard time sleeping at night, do not toss and turn in bed. get up. Bed and you. your body should know when your head hits the bed, it should be ready to slow down and sleep. Reading, watching TV, and other things like eating in bed, are not good.

And then say what you will, but this is always a tell-tale time for me. Like something is about to happen and there are signs. But I am not able to understand, or my body is protecting me. I have woke up out of dreams that have seemed so life like, that I was actually shaking and almost heart attack feelings, and things have happened in real life. After they happen, I always say, "Oh, I get it. I wish I could understand before hand."

I know, I am no help. But Abiyah has been through this.
    Sherrie

19. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Ladies! Ladies! Ladies!

Here we go again! Headaches when ya'll ought not to have headaches--sleeplessness when ya'll ought to be experiencin' sleepiness!! And ya'll don't even pastor a church!!

Heard of a man prayin' to the "Good Lord!"

The Lord says to him--I'll give you anything you desire! Anything! Just ask!

The fella thinks for a minute and says, "Lord! I always wanted to go to Hawaii! But you can't get me in an airplane and I get seasick--so I can't fly or sail on a ship! But I want to go to Hawaii bad!! Can you build me a bridge from California to Hawaii so I can drive??"

The "Good Lord" thinks for a minute and says, "Man! Buildin' a bridge is a waste of natural resources! It'll wreck the ecosystem! It'll causes airlines and ship companies to loose billions! I just can't do it! For the good of man I just can't! Ask me to do somethin' else for ya! Anything!"

Well, the ole fella thinks for a minute--and then asks the "Good Lord"--"Lord! I need to understand my wife! I need to know what she means when she says, 'I feel fine!'--is that what she's really sayin-- When she says, "I've got a headache!"--what is she really sayin'?? --Why is she so easily touched? Lord, make to to where I can understand my wife when she is speakin'. That's all I'll ask!!"

The "Good Lord" thinks for a minute and then says to the fella---"UMMMMM! You want that bridge 2 laned or 4 laned??"

You board ladies are bored--ain't cha?? I told Gina once---"Breath into the brown paper bag! In and out! That's right!! And let that Placebo work wonders on ya!!"

Ya'll get to fellin' good real quick now! Have a good day!!

Your Southern Baptist preachin', brown paper bag breathin' buddy!!

Blackbird

20. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Ear is throbbing this morning. It will require a Dr. Visit. Also one side of my throat. Probably is sinus draining, but the ear hurts blackbird. Don't think a brown bag will help. tho it would be cheaper.

I need a Dr. in the family. I do not have insurance or medicaid, or medicare, or medi anything. Its always medi-cash.

Its suppose to be in the 80's this week. I love it! I will be doing a lot of walking. Its part of my exercise plan. Last night was 29F. It as cold. It is 32 right now. Blackbird, I heard this cold all came from Oklahoma.

Well this year I cannot afford to have Larry come and turn my garden over one time, so I will not be having one. [​IMG] I will have a couple of tomatoes plants, but there will be no salsa canning this year. And it is well known across this country. [​IMG] But I got to be practical. Yes I have a tiller, but its getting old, and I need the tractor to turn it over one time. Then the tiller would be good.

Sherrie

[ March 31, 2003, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Sherrie ]