1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spurgeon

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Pete Richert, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

Just thought I would make you all jeolous. I just recieved a seven Volume set of CH Spurgeon's sermons for my birthday!!! It looks like it has roughly 130 sermons grouped in seven volumes labeled

Comfort and Assurance
    Evangelism
    Miracles
    Parables
    Prayer
    Psalms
    Revival

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Nice! Enjoy!

3. nam4christ

nam4christ New Member

my favorite preacher of all time. You should thoroughly enjoy it. I used to have a five volume set called Spurgeon's Expository Encyclopedia, but they were lost to me a few months back. They were always a joy to read.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I condemn folks (regularly) for holding up a man as "great" or as a "hero". We get dissapointed so often when these men fall off the pedestal we put them on.

But Spurgeon has stood the test of time for "greatness". We know his flaws and foibles, but love his exposition and doctrinal insights.

Kudos on getting the set of his sermons. They will make enjoyable and insightful reading! [​IMG]

5. PatiSue

PatiSue New Member

You're a fortunate man, Pete, to receive such a wonderful set of books by Spurgeon, one of my favorite Christian pastor/teachers! One of my favorite books is "John Ploughman Talks." I couldn't stop chuckling as I could so relate to many of his "slices of life" depictions. Spurgeon is truly one of God's greatest servants.

[ June 20, 2002, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: PatiSue ]