1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Steve Erwing!! Sad how he passed away! : 0 ( (

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Sep 6, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Wow.. amazing how anyday you can be alive and boom, all of a sudden you pass on. Amazing how he died too by a sting ray. I hope he was a Christian!!

2. gekko

gekko New Member

i do wish more christians these days would be more like Christ yes.

but also have steve irwin as kind of an example somewhat.

i mean. look how passionate the guy was about his work.

imagine if christians were like that...
    imagine if christians were more like Christ... wow...

very sad he passed away. but he died the way he wanted to.

on the job while filming the program....

3. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

When you flirt with death as much as he did, people should not be surprised when death finally takes notice and decided to court you.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Also sad that a quarter million people were recently murdered in Sudan. Of course, thet were all black and their deaths wasn't amusing to anyone except theor murderers. Erwing, being white AND amusing . . . .

5. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for pointing this out. It is inexcuseable what is allowed to go on in that sad land and in all of sub-saharan africa.

I am very sorry for his death. His was a show that anyone could watch and learn from. But the Sudan and what will eventually happen in Chad is genocide. But, as was said in a movie, "This is Africa and no one cares what happens in Africa."

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

People are being murdered in Africa???

7. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I was listening to Larry King Live last night and I caught a comment that was I think telling of his spiritual status as much as a human can know.

He was talking about death and said something to the effect of when they pass on to the next life whever or whatever that might be.

I certainly pray that this tragedy will draw his family and friends to the cross of Jesus Christ!

By the way just because someone starts a thread about an international TV legend dying in such a strange way doesn't mean that people don't care about people in Africa dying. And it doesn't have anything to do with race.

8. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I concur. Ya' mess with dangerous animals and eventually ya' gonna pay the piper.
    The death of ANY human is a sad thing. That is why Jesus came.
    But THIS guy, was a fruitcake!

9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sure I saw the same film clip to which you refer, and it was associated with the old couple diving and the husband was rescued but the wife was not. His quote was, "...passing from this life into the next, whatever that means..." It sounds like he was saying that as a courtesy to his many viewers, knowing most of them probably do believe in some type of existence beyond this life. Most public figures do this when the topic is someone's death. Even Howard Cosell, born Jewish, but not religious or spiritual in any way, when writing of his wife's death said, "..and whatever gods there may be...." The point is, death is not an event to ignore that many people have many beliefs, and the tendency to appease the masses is similar to wishing "merry Christmas" or "happy holidays" in December... with no intention to jump the gun on that dilemma here.

10. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Irwin, not Erwing.

11. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

That was it.

12. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hey guys ......these folk are Christian AND black, bit like a lot of folk in the Lebanon.......Christian AND Marionite Rite...........

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

One of his main trademark quotes that he used quite often was "eeevery toime oime owt thur, oime steering deeth royt in thee oyes!"

How true :tear:

I did love his Sportscenter commercial on ESPN where he tackles the Florida Gator mascot coming off the elevator! He was really funny, and kind. I hope at some point he gave his life to Christ...

14. RTG

RTG New Member

Another of his trademarks was the word"crikey"Look that up in the dictionary.My boys had to give that one up.

15. gekko

gekko New Member

crikey is not using the Lord's name in vain.

its very very close. but its not.

ya ya the dictionary says whatever.

talk to aussies and kiwi's. i think they know more about the word itself then the dictionary

16. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Crikey mate, what language do you speak, Steveo spoke beautiful, clear and pure English:smilewinkgrin: :thumbsup: