1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stick with your work

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by PastorSBC1303, Sep 21, 2005.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

A friend shared with me the following....and I thought it might encourage some of you:

"Stick with your work. Do not flinch because the lion roars; do not stop to stone the devil's dogs; do not fool away your time chasing the devil's rabbits. Do your work. Let liars lie, let sectarians quarrel, let critics malign, let enemies accuse, let the devil do his worst; but see it nothing hinders you from fulfilling with joy the work God has given you.
    He has not commanded you to be admired or esteemed. He has never bidden you defend your character. He has not set you at work to contradict falsehood (about yourself) which Satan's or God's servants may start to peddle, or to track down every rumor that threatens your reputation. If you do these things, you will do nothing else; you will be at work for yourself and not for the Lord.
    Keep at your work. Let your aim be steady as a star. You may be assaulted, wronged, insulted, slandered, wounded and rejected, misunderstood, or assigned impure motives; you may be abused by foes, forsaken by friends, and despised and rejected of men. But see to it with steadfast determination, with unfaltering zeal, that you pursue the great purpose of your life and object of your being until at last you can say, "I have finished the work which Thou gavest me to do.""

- John MacArthur Rediscovering Pastoral Ministry

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ooooh, that's very good! And not just for pastors, either. I am making a copy of it for myself.

It kinda reminds me of Galatians 6:9, which has always been meaningful to me.

Peace-
    Scarlett O.
    <><

3. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Oh, thanks for sharing that, PastorSBC!!

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Wow! Thats one I surely need.

5. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Very good pastor----thanks for sharing. I am sure there are times in everyones ministry that they need to be reminded of the truths in what you shared. Thank God for His faithfulness in all things and at all times.

Bro Tony

6. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! To do this would put us in the company of none other than our Lord Himself. He is the best example of this kind of faithfulness.

7. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I had to print that one to save. Thankyou very much.

8. OCC

OCC Guest

Yes, thank you very much for sharing that. Everytime I consider becoming a minister certain kinds of people come along to remind me that it probably is not the will of God for my life. haha

But the advice here IS good for everybody so thank you again.

9. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

I printed this and taped a copy to the inside of the front cover of my Bible. It is an incredible statement...not to mention encouraging. Thanks for sharing it.