1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Still Waiting

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Martin, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out what I was talking about.

2. fundamentalfire

fundamentalfire New Member

Please, sir, do not put words into my mouth. I do not believe that the KJV is the originals. In fact I couldn't care less about the originals, God really doesn't care about the originals either. Evidence. Jeremiah 36. So the originals are a myth. There are no originals. This one was burned and the rest wore out. So saying that you have read the originals is a joke.
    [​IMG]
    Do you really believe this? If you do then either you are decieved, lying, or not to bright. I mean this with all the respect I can muster.
    Go read Luke 4:8 in your NASB or 1 John 5:13 in any of your other versions. How about Acts 8:37. Or perhaps you want to read Romans 11:6.

And you say,
    Maybe you forgot about all the verses missing in all of the other translations. Oh but I forgot, these are merely, "textual variations."

I think you should read in the KJV Revelation 22:18 and 19. Read it in the KJV though, just in case the other versions left those PARTS OUT while they were Textually variating, or whatever it is they do.

Fill in the missing words in Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies,__________ them that curse you, ______________ to them that hate you, and pray for them that __________ and persecute you."

According to Matthew 17:21, what two things are required to cast out this type of demon?

According to Matthew 18:11, why did Jesus come to earth?

According to Matthew 27:2, what was Pilate's first name?

In Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they were fulfilling the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matthew 27:35 from the NIV.

In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out demons and to: ____________

According to Mark 7:16, what does a man need to be able to hear?

According to Luke 7:28, what was John? (teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc.). What is his title or last name?

In Luke 9:55, what did the disciples not know?

In Luke 9:56, what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse, what did He come to do?

In Luke 22:14, how many apostles were with Jesus?

According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was the superscription written?

In Luke 24:42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish?

John 3:13 is a very important verse, proving the deity of Christ. According to this verse (as Jesus spoke), where is the Son of man?

What happened each year as told in John 5:4?

In John 7:50, what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus?

In Acts 8:37, what is the one requirement for baptism?

What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6?

Write the name of the man mentioned in Acts 15:34.

Study Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jew have done with Paul? What was the chief captain's name? What did the chief captain command?

Copy Romans 16:24 word for word from the NIV.

First Timothy 3:16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testament concerning the deity of Christ. In this verse, who was manifested in the flesh?

In the second part of First Peter 4:14, how do [they] speak of Christ? And, what do we Christians do?

Who are the three Persons of the Trinity in First John 5:7?

Revelation 1:11 is another very important verse that proves the deity of Christ. In the first part of this verse Jesus said, "I am the A______________ and O___________, the _________ and the _______:"

Conclusion: Little space is provided for your answers, but it's much more than needed. If you followed the instructions above, you not only failed the test, you receive a big goose egg.

(Ed. These are all missing in the NIV.) So now what do you think of your "accurate, easy to understand, up to date Bible"?

If you would like to improve your score, and in fact score 100%, you can take this test using the Authorized (King James) Bible.

"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
    Gal. 4:16

Please don't set up the straw man argument of saying that there is nothing missing in our new versions.

I use the AV KJV Only because you will find all of these verses missing.

Please show me some scripture that justifies the removal of all of these verses!

The other versions omit delete and hacksaw important pieces out of the word of God.

The fact that the KJV contains every word is textual evidence of why we should use only it.

3. fundamentalfire

Stand up for what is right even if your standing alone Pappy. And right now your not alone!

Glad to hear your not gone for good! [​IMG]

4. David J

David J New Member

Name one doctrine missing from any faithful translations? Name one! I read the NASB 1995 so point me to a doctrine in the KJV that is not in the NASB.

By the way how do you know that the Geneva Bible is not the perfect English bible? The Geneva and KJV (which ever you think is perfect) do not line up 100%.

Check Psalm 12:6-7 in the Geneva for example.

5. David J

David J New Member

Any type of "O"ism is wrong and should be knocked down as a false teaching.

I will stand against a NIVOist, NKJVOsit, NASBOist, etc...as hard as I stand against KJVOist.

6. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

What about Christian Bible onlyism, 66 book onlyism, or autograph-onlyism? And how do you know for sure?

Lacy

7. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Go to any debate forum on this board and watch how fast folks try to resolve their doctrinal differences by claimimg the superiority of their preferred version.

God presercves his words. Not in MVs

Jonah was swallowed by a whale. Not in most MVs

Study to show thyself approved. Not in MVs

Hell and Eternal Lake of fire not the same. Very obscured in most MVs.

And on and on.

Lacy

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

What about Christian Bible onlyism, 66 book onlyism, or autograph-onlyism? And how do you know for sure?

Lacy
    </font>[/QUOTE]Thats an easy one, Lacy. You just gather up as many bibles as you can, add up all the books in them, divide by the number of bibles, and viola! Its something like 67.4 with a 3-5% margin of error. [​IMG]

9. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you have no scripture to support that position.
    No, you demanded they show you scriptural proof for what they believe. But you offer no scriptural proof to support your position of not holding "one translation over another, one translation as superior to others, as long as these translations are faithful."
    But that was not what you asked for. You demanded scriptural proof. You did not ask for the evidence they considered from history or textual issues, you demanded scripture.
    Can you give me a Biblical principle, or passage that can rightly be used to support "more than one translation?"

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

In other words, try to avoid using the old "double standard" that has become so well worn in this discussion.

10. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You need to do some more studying about big fish and whales and what they can do.

There was some mistakes made in some KJVs just like the one you made in spelling presercves

To make such a statement you need to do some more Greek and Hebrew work so you can understand the difference between gehenna, sheol and hades. Actually the MVs like the NAS make it much clearer while the KJV just makes them all the same.

12. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is the name of that church?

13. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fundamentalfire: If I was NIV only you wouldn't have a problem with that. But anyone who is KJV only in your oppinnion is wrong.

There's not any man-made myth built around the NIV nor any other one English version besides the KJV. And I believe pushing ANY One-Versionism is wrong.

Again, this is NOT the fault of the KJV nor its makers. The current myth began long after the last of them died. And remember, that myth was begun by a CULT OFFICIAL.

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fundamentalfire: Go read Luke 4:8 in your NASB or 1 John 5:13 in any of your other versions. How about Acts 8:37. Or perhaps you want to read Romans 11:6.

Been there, seen it, done that.

Aint no proof there wasn't any material ADDED to the sources used by the AV makers. When you see a 16-oz container holding 8 oz of fluid, ya don't know if it's half-empty or half-full if ya don't know the history of how it came to be.

15. fundamentalfire

gb93433, It is called Gladstone Christian Fellowship, and the Pastor even, I hesitate to use this word, preached a series on why the NIV is the perfect word of God.

16. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

17. fundamentalfire

Why then do the other versions leave the verses out completely and then leave the number OUT! To top that off they put a nice little footnote at the bottom of the page that says some include this verse, but we decided not to. REV 22:18-19

Better not to mess with Gods word. But they even admit it.

Proffessing themselves to be wise they became fools, ( stupid may work well here. But I don't change the Bible so I'll just stick with fools.)

Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever!

Which some professing have erred concerning the faith.

Anyone who takes out verses they knew to be there (MV translaters) had better read what the Bible says about them.

18. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because those versions are based on a Greek textform that does not include those verses.

And the verse numbers were added to the New Testament by Robert Estienne (Robert Stephanus) to printed editions of the New Testament printed in 1565.

The numbers are left out of the modern versions based on different Greek texts simply because no such verse appears in those Greek texts. Acts 8:37 is an example.

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fundamentalfire: Anyone who takes out verses they knew to be there (MV translaters) had better read what the Bible says about them.

How do YOU know the verses in question are SUPPOSED to be there? How do YOU know those later translators KNEW they were supposed to be there? If they weren't in the mss they were translating, shame on them if they'd ADDED them. Better read what Scripture says about ADDING to God's commands.

20. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Why should there be more than one Bible versions?