1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured strapless dresses

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by abcgrad94, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hear, Hear !!

That's exactly what I was getting at when I said that if a girl isn't very attractive to begin with, she ain't gonna make anybody drool over her strapless, backless, or anything else.

It's not the amount of clothes she's wearing, or lack thereof. If she's 150 pounds overweight, most boys would rather she cover up.

But if she's drop dead gorgeous, slim, fit, it doesn't matter if she's wearing a strapless gown, a burka, or even a gunny sack.

Guys are attracted to bodily form and facial beauty. And personally, I have never leered at a girl's shoulders.

It doesn't have a thing at all to do with what kind of clothing she's in. One of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen is Shania Twain in the video "From This Moment On"

[​IMG]

And in all honesty, as soon as she drops the wrap and is in a very form-fitting gown, it loses almost all appeal

2. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's what I don't get with this conversation. I am much more apt to catch myself lusting over a modestly dressed skinny girl with nice hair and a nice smile and feminine and shy demeanor than any of these fat chicks with their jiggly things hanging out and what they think is a sexy attitude. They can arch their back, flip their hair, and pose with their little duck face weird smile with little clothing on all they want, but I'm just going to subconsciously ignore it and notice the dorky girl who has some class instead. As an example that most people would recognize, think Miley Cyrus and the Nicki Minaj type vs. Taylor Swift and Emma Watson. If Taylor and Emma acted and dressed like them it would be a huge turn-off. So, in my opinion questions like this thread is much less about whether something attracts men and more about whether something makes you look like a piece of trash to everyone.

#142 corndogggy, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heck yeah.

then the wives would rather she cover up.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It mattered for Adam and Eve, and though society said fig leaves, God said animal skins.

5. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Technically it didn't, until Satan told them it was bad. Once they covered themselves, God was like, what are you doing and who told you that? Think about it.

#145 corndogggy, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chapter and verse?

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gen 3:7
    And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see in there that Satan told them they were naked. Could you point that out?

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

I see an indirect communication there. He told them God was withholding something from them. Satan promised them enlightenment by eating the fruit. Instead they found a sickening feeling of guilt and shame at having directly disobeyed God's command.

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That seems too far. I can see how the look is pretty and how some carry it off with class, but aside from occasionally going "oh that's pretty" at a model in a wedding dress or such, I can't see it as okay. It doesn't settle right as being okay. Just that nagging feeling, though I tried before to feel right with it.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And that's it right there Gina. I think folks can talk around it all they want. But in the quiet whisper of the night, the Holy Spirit tells them that this is not the way for that which is HOLY to be displayed.

12. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it is your conviction that it is wrong, then by all means stick to it. I just don't get the same vibe/feeling on this issue. *shrug*

#152 evenifigoalone, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  13. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for your candid reply, Gina. This is exactly where I'm at with it. But in my case, I don't know that it IS the Holy Spirit or just the legalistic way I was brought up. For years I was scared to read anything but the KJV or go to movies because of the same uncomfortable feeling.

That's one reason why I asked here at BB about the issue. In a multitude of counselors there is safety. . .

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But keep in mind - make sure it is YOUR conviction - not a "conviction" someone else told you that you believe.
    And YOU should be able to back it up it with Scripture.

15. thisnumbersdisconnected

I submit that this thread is long past the point of having fulfilled the requirements of the Dead Horse Theory.

16. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well to the OP, I hope the debate/infighting between some members wasn't too much of an annoyance.:laugh: And if so, though I participated in debating I tried to not contribute to the fighting part.

#156 evenifigoalone, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  17. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quest, this is actually pretty tame compared to some of the debates we've had here concerning women wearing pants. :)

18. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

I must have missed those, should I start a new thread, possibly with a poll :applause:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.