1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Summit Bible College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by poodle78, Mar 5, 2005.

1. poodle78

poodle78 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anyone have any opinions or experiences with Summit Bible College in Bakersfield, CA?

http://www.summitbiblecollege.com/online/index.htm

They are a religious-exempt school regulated by the BPPVE, and the website says they are moving toward AHBE accreditation.

The Doctor of Ministry may have a concentration in Worship and Prayer. This looks very interesting.

2. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I don't have any experience with the school, but I also found it intriguing when I clicked on the link. The profs. seem qualified. You can't beat the price. Their accreditation candidacy is impressive, especially since ABHE may soon be accrediting graduate and doctoral programs much like TRACS. The author list for the courses seems solid. The worship/prayer and counseling tracks looked good. The DMin requirements for eight courses and a project is pretty standard. (BTW My program at Ashland is actually 7 courses and a project also with a strong emphasis on prayer).The curriculum seemed weak in some areas though. I didn't find any Greek, Hebrew or exegesis courses (though maybe I missed them). I enjoy hearing about DL schools, because I think I'd enjoy being a prof. at a school like this. Good luck.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems like a straight up school. I am very impressed with the fact that they are HONEST about their accrediation standing (unlike some other schools).