1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sunday vs Saturday Resurrection?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by vooks, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “~Where is it mentioned that Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the week?~”

Nowhere in no Received Text.

You should have asked according to what the Text forces you to ask. It forces one to ask, Where is it mentioned that “Jesus APPEARED resurrected on the First Day of the week”? No Text compilation from the manuscripts allows such thing as “~that Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the week~”—no single one.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Not after “~all the events~”. Certainly not “~including the Passover Sabbath~”.

“Today … on the First Day of the week … is the third day since … they delivered Him over to be crucified” and He was crucified and they had killed Him—, three hours “from the ninth hour” BEFORE “evening had come … and the Preparation … on the sabbath … had begun … because on the sabbath That Day was great-day-of-sabbath-of (passover).” John 19:31.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “The third day according to the Scriptures” is “the third day” of the “three days’”, “three days and three nights”. They are ~different concepts~, but not different days nor differing days. They are the “three days thick darkness” of the plague of the Passover-Suffering-of-Yahweh.

4. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I had done was ask a question, Gerhard.

Judging the works is not the same thing as judging you.

If you do the works that I am judging, you put that shoe on yourself, because I don't know what you are doing on the sabbath day which is why I had asked the question.

So if the shoe fits, that is on you, because I did not say that you did those things. Only you can say so.

If the shoe does not fit, just say so. That would be answering my question in regards to what I believe the Bible meant about keeping the sabbath day " if " it was really meant for today.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

About … “~Third day concept … can indicate a certain neutral day.~”

I have no idea what or which day “~a certain neutral day~” is. Can you tell us what it is or which day it is?

About … “~I don't believe Jesus was in the tomb only for 36 hours.~”

Neither do I. So, from when was He in the tomb?

From … Joseph “laid Him in a sepulchre and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre” Mark 15:46b “and went home.” Matthew 27:60b. “And that day was the Preparation mid-afternoon the Sabbath drawing near.” Luke 23:54. . .

until … “the following morning (until ‘Saturday morning’) that was after the Preparation … and they (the Jews and Romans) secured the sepulchre by sealing the stone and setting a watch … for the third day …

until … “late(r) on the Sabbath in the midst-inclining daylight as it began to dawn towards the First Day of the week there occurred a great earthquake and the angel of the Lord coming down from heaven cast the stone from the door …” and Jesus resurrected. Matthew 27:62,66; 28:1-4.

Which was 1 day—24 hours, IN the grave; two days—48 hours, OUT of “death’s pains” (Acts 2:24)—and “three days”—“three days and three nights” “passing through the valley of the shadow of Death … dwelling in the secret place (sanctuary) of the Most High abiding under the shadow of the Almighty.” “Thou preparest a table before Me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.” (Psalm 91:1 Psalm 23) …

On the third day”— “Lift up your heads, O ye gates, and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and THE KING SHALL COME IN” …“being rested-up again” … “exalted at the right Hand of God … in the greatness of Thine Excellency” … “HIS NAME THE MOST HOLY PLACE.” “Who is the King of Glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD, unconquerable in battle” … “given to the Church as Head.” “The LORD is a Man of war … the LORD shall reign forever and ever!” (Psalm 24 Colossians 2 Exodus 12)

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would say I pretty much do the same kind of thing on the Sabbath as Jesus and his disciples on that memorable Sabbath Day did. Walking through the house, walking through the garden, watering the plants, visiting friends and family, or they, me, small talk my wife and I, and so on. But most often, ARGUING against antinomians, anti-Sabbatharians, and Sundaydarians. That isn't, even in my own opinion, keeping the Sabbath, what in God's eyes. I have very often confessed I keep believing the Sabbath and that Jesus Christ is Lord of the Sabbath Day and that keeping the Sabbath from being profaned is his concern only.
    I dislike discussing my own cussed works of corruptibility whereas I could have spent my time reveling in the glory of the Lord of the Sabbath. It's not strange in my estimation Jesus never as much as spoke the words, the First Day of the week; but Christians will overturn the world in search of Scriptural reason or evidence for their keeping the First Day of the week as were it Scriptural.

#166 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  7. vooks

vooks Active Member

The only context you have is schizophrenia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.