1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by travisbaptist12, Jan 23, 2005.

1. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

There's an interesting article in the Baptist News about Christians on the Patriots team. Check it out:
    "Christian players on Pats grounded by prayer,Bible Study"
    http://www.bpnews.net/

2. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Dillon has an edge, but do you really think he's cocky? He seems to really buy into the team first mentality of the Pats. The players all say good things about him in interviews. I've heard him take responsibility after fumbling, as well. I know he had a bad reputation in Cinncinnatti. I guess, I'm hoping he has changed for the better.

3. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

well i knew corey dillon was really bad at Cincinnati, but i guess thats expected cause he was the ONLY good player on the team. but supposedly on a good team hes calmed down, maybe so. i read that article by the way, really interesting

4. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Speaking of Dillon, did you hear he was selected for the ProBowl today due to Edgerin James injury?
    Tom

5. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

aaaah, i didnt hear that, but its a good thing cause i dont like edgerrin james

6. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Yeah, James seems like he's lost a step or two. Sorry Eagles fans. Maybe we can do this again next year. My prediction is that the Patriots will win easily by at least 21 points. The Patriots have faced tougher opponents in the AFC than the Eagles have faced in the much more inferior NFC. The Pats have also recently defeated the NFL's best offense (Colts) and the NFL's best defense (Steelers).

7. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

And don't forget the Philly players:

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=20052

8. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

well guys i can tell you this, tonight we will know.

9. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

And I can hardly wait for kickoff tonight.

10. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

i wont be able to watch it i dont hink, we dont have the right channel. i might stay up and watch it online though, it starts at 11:30 our time

11. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Oh, too bad you won't get to actually see the game. Your dad's mission board should give you guys a satellite disk. (I'm sure that will happen). Just curious: which mission board are you all a part of?

12. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well i knew corey dillon was really bad at Cincinnati, but i guess thats expected cause he was the ONLY good player on the team. but supposedly on a good team hes calmed down, maybe so. i read that article by the way, really interesting
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As a long time suffering Bengals fan let me state that Dillon was not the only good player on the team. Pro Bowlers Willie Anderson, Chad Johnson, and this year Rudi Johnson, his backup from last year and selected to the Pro Bowl this year and broke Dillons single season rushing record were all on last years squad. The problem has always been upper managment That has changed with the hiring of Marvin Lewis. But back to Dillon. Loads of talent. And I dont see the Pats having a serious slide unless they lose Brady like last year. But if things do go south, that is when you will see the real Cory that we know and love (sic) come out.

13. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Here in New England we are just singing his praises. What kind of stuff did he do in Cincy? I thought I heard something about him throwing his shoulder pads in the stands after the last game last year.

14. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

Here in New England we are just singing his praises. What kind of stuff did he do in Cincy? I thought I heard something about him throwing his shoulder pads in the stands after the last game last year.

Hey Patsfan,
    The whole prob with Dillon was attitude. I dont blame him for wanting to win but when managment finally brought in a coach that knew how, he didnt want to buy into the system. He got hurt and then he wasnt the MAN anymore. The throwing of the shoulder pads and jersey into the stands was just the end of it.He dogged his offensive line, including Willie Anderson, who blocked for him in all his record breaking games, many times injured, would come out on 2nd and 10 upset because he wasnt givin the ball on 1st down, and was generally late to meetings, which the current coach dont put up with. I understand Belichick had a good heart to heart with him before he signed him. Maybe he has changed but i doubt it. It worked out for both teams tho. We got a good young player in return in a 2nd rounder Madieu Williams. Looks like a good deal for both teams. Good luck tonite.

15. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Thanks for the info., riv. One of my buddies wonders if Dillon might revert back to his old self if the Patriots start to slip next season. It's probably easy for him right now to behave himself with a team that is winning. The Bengals played the Pats pretty tough this season. There going to be really good soon. Well, back to the TV. Go Pats!

16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Going with the percentages works again.

17. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Told you'all it would be close. I picked Patriots 27-24! NE squeeked out another 3-point win. One thing I didn't think would happen: TO smoked NE secondary. Eagles lost their composure towards the end or we might have had a different outcome.
    WallyGator

18. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Well I must say the Eagles surprised me and played really well. I am not surprised the Pats held on and won. T.O. played a great game for the injury he had. It was another great year of NFL.

19. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

The Eagles played very well. I was really impressed and kind of worried at times. Clock management at the end of the game on the part of the Eagles seemed problematic.

20. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I agree, I was really surprised at how Reid handled that, I thought he was a better coach that that. If they had handled the clock better and not been walking up to the line of scrimmage on that last TD drive, they may have had a good chance of pulling it out.