Surdiosx

Discussion in 'Computers & Website Forum' started by preacher, Mar 14, 2006.

1. preacher

preacher
    Expand Collapse

Would anyone have a clue as to what this might be. Trying to help a fella figure out if he needs it or not. Found in XP Pro. He says it's the label of a subdirectory he found & is several hundred Mb in size. Also stated this:Neither regedit or msconfig show anything.
    There are 4342 files in the cache dating from 10/21/05 to 11/11/05.
    There are long stretches of files only minutes apart. The whole thing
    looks like some sort of activity log, but I can't open any of the files to look.
    There doesn't seem to ba any trace of the program that created them however.
    Any ideas? I did a web search with no resuts, & even nothing on Microsofts Knowledgebase.

2. James_Newman

James_Newman
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Maybe if you could give us some detail about the files that were in the folder?? I saw the same nothing that you saw searching for surdiosx.

3. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

looked through my Windows Xp files and could not find a folder by that name. Are ya sure that is not a separate prog of sorts? Any exe's in it?

4. preacher

preacher
    Expand Collapse

I was just on the site & he's posted nothing else today. A couple of folks think it may be a "tagger"(?) for FXP(again?). If I understood them right it's an attempt at hijacking a port, I would suppose for no good purpose. But now it's got my curiosity going so I'm still hunting too. It may be somthing like on Jerrys puter, a program within a program like spyware or such.
    I'll keep an eye on the posts in case it's something nasty that XP users need to be aware of!!

5. Don

Don
    Expand Collapse

FXP, from what I can figure out, stands for foreign exchange protocol; used for transferring currency via TCP (I'm assuming for wire transfers, like to that big bank account in Switzerland, or down in the Caymans).

Can't find any references to surdiosx; the few sites that come up as a blog entry, aren't showing me the conversations.

IF it is some sort of "tagger" for a port hijack, it could be someone is attempting to use the computer as a way to wire money in conjunction with some sort of scam (i.e., they're doing transfers via e-Bay or whatever, and using the hijacked computer to "cover their tracks").

I think it's equally, if not more, possible that it may be the remnants of a program that's not being used any more.

Any chance we could get a copy of one of the files to open with a hex editor or something, and see what's in there?