1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Tattoos

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Servent, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi TC, yes I know we are under the new covenant, and the OT laws provide illustration and guidance, not commands.

But should we ignore that marking up our bodies was a pagan practice, condemned in the OT law. What about the parallel instructions in the New Testament. About avoiding adornment of the outside, and striving to improve the inside?

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It sure is; what prompted you to twist it and make the false insinustions?

3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thoughts on them are that they are an area of personal choice. I do not believe a tattoo in and of itsself is sin. I believe that the content or depiction of the tattoo can be sin. I also believe that many times tattoos are the product of rebellion whether or not the person actually realizes that at the time. The rebellion, not the ink, would be the sin.
    Whether or not ink is sin depends on the motive behind the tattoo and the condition of the heart of the person receiving the tattoo.

4. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are born naked. God want us to wear clothes?

5. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless one "Wastes" money on absolutely nothing, I believe it would be hard for them to condemn you for spending $60. We as Americans waste a pile of money. I do not have any tattoos, but I am guilty of wasting money.