1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tax question for supporters of national health care plan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by targus, Feb 24, 2009.

1. targus

targus New Member

For those who are in favor of a national health care plan...

If you currently pay no Federal Income Taxes what rate of tax would you be willing to pay?

How much of a percentage increase in your taxes would you be willing to accept in order to pay for a national health care plan?

If you are at the 10% marginal rate would you be willing to go to 15% or 20%?

If you are at the 15% marginal rate would you be willing to go to 25% or 28% or even higher?

If you are at the 25% marginal rate would you be willing to go to 35% or even higher?

What is the top marginal rate that you would personally be willing to pay for such a plan?

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think you asked the wrong question.

You should ask supporters of government run health care how much would be TOO MUCH for the "rich" to pay in taxes? IOW's, what is the upper % of income tax that the "rich" have to pay?

peace to you:praying:

3. targus

targus New Member

I understand what you are saying.

I am just trying to find out if the national health care supporters are willing to pay anything at all for their medical care or if they actually do want something for nothing.

4. targus

targus New Member

Shall I assume that the lack of response here means that those who want a national health care system are not willing to pay anything for their medical care?