1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Teaching Sunday on Eschatology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 10, 2014.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Time_No_See

This has a variety of sources, including yours.

Christians forget - I do too sometimes - that Internet discourse is still Christian conversation. The trivial point on origins is much less important than this. Older Christians, especially, should be examples of civility, don't you think?

---
    For the sake of completeness on this topic, not directed necessarily to TND, the phrase, the IMO originating with the Chinese, may - just possibly - have been carried over the Bering Strait when the Amerindians migrated over. When I was learning Chinese I was struck by how many similarities theirs (culture and, especially, language) has to that of the Navajo.

#41 asterisktom, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  2. thisnumbersdisconnected

I agree. It was a mere observation. I suppose even the Oxford Dictionary can be called into question.
    I was not aware you or anyone else would take the innocent comment as "uncivil." As you have, I apologize. Please forgive me.

3. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Done. Thank you. Take care.