1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Telephone messagaes

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

So would you call back someone who may have misdialed?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have called back when someone left a message for some other household and I am able to get their number. :)

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

We have a throw off number that we don't give out to anyone. For work, doctors, etc., we use a different number.

That way all the junk calls go to the one phone number and since we don't give it out, we know that nobody we need to talk to is calling it.

When I DID have a phone, I would call back wrong numbers to let them know.

One time, I answered my ringing phone, heard someone on the other end, then they obviously hung up. I called back (called id!) to ask who they were and why they hung up on me! LOL It was some poor old guy and he said when he heard my voice, he knew he dialed wrong. We ended up talking for quite a while. He had no idea what caller ID was and simply couldn't figure out how I knew it was him, so I explained that in our conversation. He must have been lonely...so I'm glad I called. I did giggle when our conversation ended up with him saying "but I STILL can't figure out how you knew it was me!" :laugh: I'd tried to explain called id nice and slow and simple, but his mind just didn't grasp that the world has stuff like that in regular houses. Only government spy type agencies.

It was one of the more fun conversations with a stranger I've ever had...then again, I love listening to the elderly talk about their lives.

Opening post...I don't think I've changed the pre-recorded message to my number. I think it says "The number you have reached is not available. Please leave a message at the tone."

Some years ago, I put a super long message on the answering machine so only people who really really really really wanted to leave a message would sit through it. Some of my friends yelled at me for that one. :love2: It was a NICE message, but as long as it could possibly be, which turned out to be amazingly long. At the time, my kids were little and we were homeschooling and I didn't have the desire to chat on the phone unless it was important, and most people just don't get that when you're homeschooling, you still want as few interruptions as you would if you were at a job site.

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Generally no.

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oops...double post.