1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TERRORIST BLAST AT MARRIOTT HOTEL IN JAKARTA

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Aug 5, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

TERROR BLAST AT HOTEL

At least 13 people have been killed and more than 70 injured in a car bomb attack at a luxury tourist hotel in the Indonesian capital Jakarta.

Indonesian police said the attack was "similar" to last year's Bali bombings, which killed more than 200 people.

The blast at the US-owned JW Marriott Hotel was described as a "huge explosion" and ripped through the 33-storey building, shattering windows several floors above the ground floor and scattering rubble and debris.

Police said a Dutch man was among the dead while two Americans, two Singaporeans, an Australian and a New Zealander among those hurt. The official Antara news agency said 111 people were injured, many seriously.

Australia's News.Com reported that an Australian was also among the dead.

The attack comes as the trial draws to a close of an Islamic militant who is accused of being behind last year's Bali bombings.

SOURCE

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I know that it must seem far away from the United States, yet the Bali Bombings have affected Australians deeply, we have had media telecasts of the trial and loads of information about it.

Indonesia is a neibouring country to Australia, there is often problems there, Christianity is however growing in that nation, the worlds most populus muslim nation.

I would ask everyone to pray for the churches missionaries in Indonesia, they are achieving Gods work, yet they are often subject to violence and often face feeling isolated and uneasy.

Pray also for this terrible situation that it might be intervened by God to stop the violence.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I got an email from a family member in Indonesia. Most of the people hurt & killed were local Indonesians. The country has been devestated by this. We need to keep the people of Indonesia in prayer.

4. I Am Blessed 24

Ben: We have several Australian posters here and I thought of them when I posted this.

John: Yes, we must be praying wherever there are terrorist activities. We know what it feels like now...

5. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

News is just comming to light that Amarozi, the coward charged with the Bali Bombings has just been sentanced to death. He plans to appeal.

6. I Am Blessed 24