1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thanks guys

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Bible John, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bible John

Bible John New Member

I have been told that I am not a fundamentalist or even a Baptist because I am not KJV only. Oh well, Pro 13:20 says in the NIV that walking with the wise will help me grow wise, but walking with fools will help me grow like a fool.

Thanks for answering my question and I hope to be welcomed here.

God bless and I look forward to talking more and more.

John

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From one non-KJVO to another, I hope WE'RE welcome here!

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

actually, Bible John, Im on that other board I think you are talking about here......and your treatment there was not because of your stance on the KJV. We have other board members who are also not KJVO, and they are treated with respect and as brothers in Christ. But they are polite and not argumentative. They do not make rude statements to us about the KJV.

I do hope that you have a nice time here on this board. :praying:

4. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Re

The people there were incredibly rude to me. Very unchrist like. I really do not appreciate this kind of rudeness and unChrist like character.

For example.

1. I copied and pasted using the KJVR(Red Letters) and was acused twice that I was not copying from the KJV when I was, it jst was the KJV with red letters. I fixed the problem by downloading the normal KJV on esword. But this was a pain, sicne E-sword did not ship with a regular KJV.

2. I asked for advice on how to improve my website and was ignored just because I did not hold a KJV only position, when in fact I am a brother in Christ.
    I was treated like a heretic.

I could go on, but where woudl this go?

1 Cor 13 speaks of love and forgiving those that wronged us, whcih is what I am trying to do here.

John

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Sir,

I read the threads you posted on there, and they were not rude to you at all. They were firm, but then, at the top of their website it clearly states that they are a KJVO board and have no intention of debating it. So of course they are going to firmly remind you of the board rules when you try to argue the point with them.

Still, I truly hope you can have a pleasant time fellowshipping here.

:)

6. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Re

I posted using the KJVR and its really a tech issue why E-sword mentions the R.

But its okay. Over and done with.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

John,

The BB is not the forum you had problems with. It is not helpful to bring your problems with them here to us. That board clearly states that the KJV issue is not open to debate. That is their policy and it is their right to do so.

It has been made clear to you what kind of board we are. Lets leave the other board aside shall we?

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Well, hanging out on the Baptist Board will probably make you wise or a fool.

9. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't take it too hard since KJVO is not a biblical fundamental nor Baptist in origin or nature. The original fundamentalists who published "The Fundamentals" to combat real liberalism about 100 years ago quoted from the KJV, RV, and ASV. They were decidedly not KJVO.

Though KJVO's are creative in their attempts to co-opt many fine fundamentalists, almost all of the great fundamentalists held a very orthodox doctrine concerning scripture. For instance, David Cloud attempts to corral Philip Mauro into the KJVO camp. The problem is that Mauro simply questioned the critical methods originally developed by W&H. Even the booklet that Cloud cites makes it clear that Mauro was not KJVO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.