1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

That debilitating disease - atheist darwinism: What say you?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

"OT" is "Off Topic", (as the old Calvinism vs. Arminianism debates have nothing to do with this). But you have to act like such a smart jerk and quick to attack, that you couldn't even see that from the context.
    I'm not blaming you for their belief; I'm pointing out that you were using a bad argument that does not rven faze them since that is their belief. Remember, they don't believe it would be "sorrow"; they believe the mother would fall down and worship God for that, as it is supposed to be the purpose of reprobation to Hell in the first place, according to Edwards.
    That's true, but still, people misread it in the Bible, and you can't blame Darwinism for that (And people still do. There even a guy who posts here from time to time in the Music forum spouting the stuff about Noah's sons, and which race's music is good or bad).
    You're taking one set of historic sources that focus on ONE SIDE, and ignoring the others. The fact that you are unaware of how the Bible was misused to teach racism shows that. No one is disputing your sources; it's just that there is another side to it that you are ignoring.
    You're exposing the dangers of atheist Darwinism, and I'm exposing the dangers of Christian conspiracy rhetoric and blaming one side of the issue, not making Kennedy out to be some evil being (that is what you and him do to the other side. The Bible says that Satan is the father of lies, so to focus so much on men is dangerous anyway. If you had the power, would you eradicate the atheists? Maybe you should read what the Shepherd's Rod Message says about this neurotic fear of these movements some of you have).
    Now you are harassing me just for making a simple statement. You have not explained why that was wrong; why I did not have the right to address my concern with Kennedy.
    Where did I say "no mention" could be made? Where did I complain about it being "exposed"? I am not defending Darwinism any more than you are defending Calvinism and Sunday (which people like Kennedy believe should be kept sacred). You're a compulsive liar, and highly delusionary who makes up arguments just to fight with people, even when they're basically on your side. You need to go to God and repent of your sinful troll-like tactics.

#41 Eric B, Aug 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2006
  2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sadly - it appears from Romans 1 and from statements by people such as Dr Dawkins that pagans and atheist "see clearly" what compromised Christians clinging to atheist darwinism "anyway" say they "Fail to see".

Richard Dawkins is Professor of the Public Understanding of Science at Oxford University. He is the author of many books including the international best-sellers "The Selfish Gene", "The Blind Watchmaker", and "Climbing Mount Improbable."

FROM : http://www.pbs.org/faithandreason/transcript/dawk-frame.html
    Excerpt –

Quote:
    QUESTION: What is your response to the view that some Christians are putting forward that God is the designer of the whole evolutionary system itself?

MR. DAWKINS: In the 19th century people disagreed with the principle of evolution, because it seemed to undermine their faith in God. Now there is a new way of trying to reinstate God, which is to say, well, we can see that evolution is true. Anybody who is not ignorant or a fool can see that evolution is true. So we smuggle God back in by suggesting that he set up the conditions in which evolution might take place. I find this a rather pathetic argument. For one thing, if I were God wanting to make a human being, I would do it by a more direct way rather than by evolution. Why deliberately set it up in the one way which makes it look as though you don't exist? It seems remarkably roundabout not to say a deceptive way of doing things.
    But the other point is it's a superfluous part of the explanation. The whole point -- the whole beauty of the Darwinian explanation for life is that it's self-sufficient. You start with essentially nothing -- you start with something very, very simple -- the origin of the Earth. And from that, by slow gradual degrees, as I put it "climbing mount improbable" -- by slow gradual degree you build up from simple beginnings and simple needs easy to understand, up to complicated endings like ourselves and kangaroos.
    Now, the beauty of that is that it works. Every stage is explained, every stage is understood. Nothing extra, nothing extraneous needs to be smuggled in. It all works and it all -- it's a satisfying explanation.Now, smuggling in a God who sets it all up in the first place, or who supervises the details, is simply to smuggle in an entity of the very kind that we are trying to explain -- namely, a complicated and beautifully designed higher intelligence. That's what we are trying to explain. We have a good explanation. Why smuggle in a superfluous adjunct which is unnecessary? It doesn't add anything to the explanation.

(Note for the Reader: In the above quote Dawkins argues that Christian evolutionist think “God does something”, that “God contributes something” to the subject of origins. And on that point alone – Dawkins argues for the inconsistency and flawed logic of so-called-christian-evolutionism.

Christian evolutionist sometimes argue against Dawkins claiming that HE has made too much of a grandiose claim about what Christian-evolutionists think God is doing. In essence those Christian evolutionists argue that Dawkins has to HIGH a view of God!!

How sad that Christian evolutionists are prone to going to such extremes.)

Here we see a thread where UTEOTW tries the "lowered expectations of God" approach such that blind believe in fully formed living cells from nothing (as hoped by atheists) is to be believed OVER the Word of our Creator God not matter how improbable those atheist beliefs are!

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then I point to a Christian community that fully recognizes the impact of errors from the pit - known as atheist darwinism -- and how "error" ACTUALLY impacts REAL life!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BobRyan
    I just saw a program from Coral Ridge Ministries - (Dr D. James Kennedy) entitled "The Root of the Problem" - where he is emphatic that this disease we call atheist darwinism provided the basis for the "super race" concept of Hitler.

So I suppose there is "one other" who recognizes the cancer within the body of the Christian Church.

Next.

To which we get the ranting whine of Eric -- AS IF anything posted against atheist darwinism here can not be tolerated by Eric!!

Note Eric's totally bogus factless idea that racism existing BEFORE Darwin means that Hitler CAN NOT have used Atheist Darwinist ideas about "superior races and INFERIOR races" to gin up his EUGENICS program and to feed his military for getting their enthusiastic support.

HISTORIC sources seem to have no meaning at all to Eric as he simply INVENTS his argument above as he opens up on D James Kennedy!!

Then Eric "opens up on me" for daring to agree with Kennedy's view that Atheist Darwinism ACTUALLY had signficant and visible "results" in Nazi Germany AS THE HISTORIC SOURCES quoted in that segment of Kennedy's fully stated - and for pointing out Eric's "nothing but blind-attack" on any source that exposes atheist darwinism so far on this thread!!

How "instructive" as we read Eric's posts and see this totally innexplicable falling-on-the-sword when it comes to atheist darwinism!!

Why do it Eric?

Why not get a grip? Why be on the wrong side in EVERY issue EVEN when you state clearly that you have no REASON to keep doing it??

In Christ,

Bob

#44 BobRyan, Aug 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2006
  5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote:
    Jonathan Edwards is the one that details "Their JOY" at seeing the torment of the wicked - and THEY agree with him. HOW in the WORLD can you BLAME ME for that??!!!

I merely point it OUT - while by CONTRAST pointing out the SORROW that would be the response of the loving God and the loving parent in the Arminian scenario with the SAME conditions where "God so LOVES the HE GAVE" !!!

What part of this is difficult for you to grasp in your endless complaining??
    Huh??? You are whining that I am stating the truth but the Calvinists are not responding to it - so now that is ANOTHER reason for you to bash ME???

You have totally lost it Eric!

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote:
    Fact B: While we DO have historic sources showing Hitler to link evolutionism to his policies we do NOT HAVE historic sources showing well documented references by Hitler to the argument you made up. So now we have your "story telling" to compare against the actual historic published statements from Hitler and those who wrote of his policies and actions to "contrast".

Why do you keep going down these dark allies each time a point of truth is raised??

#1. You ALREADY SAID you agreed with the historic sources used by KENNEDY (btw - can't blame ME that those sources EXIST).

#2. You provide NO HISTORIC SOURCES for ANY argument you have made here!

#3. So obviously you provided NO SOURCES saying that "Darwinism WAS NOT used as the BASIS for Hitler's doctrine on the MASTER race"

And YET you willingly fall on your sword for that idea!!!

How sad.

How "instructive" Eric.

You have no actual REASON to be slamming D. James Kennedy or ME on this subject - you simply "do it out of habbit" EVEN while saying you have no OTHER reason for defending Atheist darwinism.

You are a real "story" Eric.

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote:
    I leave the defense of atheist darwinism now to Eric - who does not believe in it - but wants to whine about anyone exposing it or its effects on history in this thread.

8. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

You continue to lie through your teeth.
    Where did I say Hitler CAN NOT have used atheist Darwinist ideas? I said it was a combination of that and other things. You in your delusionary little mind see "Hitler CAN NOT". Just to have something to fight about.
    #1- Then why are you still claiming #3 I said Hitler CAN NOT have used Darwinism or it WAS NOT used? Why should I have to provide sources saying Darwinism was not used what I don't believe that?
    See how blind you are? You can't even get your lies straight!
    BASHING you? SLAMMING you? All I did was raise a CAUTION about conspiratorialism. You can't take that much, yet you can belch out this much trash, though! And you have the nerve to be accusing me of "whining"? "Yeah, Kennedy, with his rabid conspiratorialism, and everyone against good capitalistic Christian America. Meanwhile, people like him forget that racism was held long before Darwin". That's "bashing" or "slamming"? Where in that statement is there anything about "Darwinism CAN NOT have been used and WAS NOT used by Hitler?" You yourself even quote the statements and cannot see where you have imagined your own meanings into them. Talk about who has "sources"; even when you quote the sources, you get it all wrong, and mix everything up in your head. Why don't you grow up and stop acting like a troll, and lying on people's words and start acting like a Christian!

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote:Bob said
    THAT is a very telling statement on our part Eric!! I can't believe you would post it!

You compare your whining about D. James Kennedy being a well-respected Christian teacher -- with MY whining about atheist Darwinism and its negative impact AS SEEN by the bogus non-truths EVEN posted by the darwinists ON THIS THREAD!!

I have to agree with you on that point - you ARE whining about D. James. Kennedy in that same way AS IF HE is some kind of evil being in the same way Satan would use atheist doctrines inserted into the Christian church.

You bring that in to a thread where I am exposing the damage that Atheism does - BECAUSE (in this case) Kennedy is ALSO shown to highlight the flaws and dangers of atheist Darwinism -- THEN you point out "innexplicably" that though you are simply whining about Dr. Kennedy - if we talked with you longgggggggg enough we would find that you do not fully agree with atheist darwinism -- (just that you apparently like whining about Kennedy more than highlighting the dangers of atheist doctrines inserted into the Christian groups seen here!)

How sad Eric!

Same response we get from the devotees to atheist darwinism!

Funny how you are NOT supposed to be on the wrong side - in the case of Calvinism and Atheist Darwinism - you just "post like them".

Oh well!!

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote:
    CHARLES ROBERT DARWIN stands among the giants of Western thought because he convinced a majority of his peers that all of life shares a single, if complex, history. He taught us that we can understand life’s history in purely naturalistic terms, without recourse to the supernatural or divine. ~ Niles Eldredge

For Darwin, any evolution that had to be helped over the jumps by God was no evolution at all. It made a nonsense of the central point of evolution. ~ Richard Dawkins

I leave the defense of atheist darwinism now to Eric - who does not believe in it - but wants to whine about anyone exposing it or its effects on history in this thread.

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote:
    Fact B: While we DO have historic sources showing Hitler to link evolutionism to his policies we do NOT HAVE historic sources showing well documented references by Hitler to the argument you made up. So now we have your "story telling" to compare against the actual historic published statements from Hitler and those who wrote of his policies and actions to "contrast".

Why do you keep going down these dark allies each time a point of truth is raised??
    Do we get all these harsh posts from you WHEN we expose the atheist Darwinist problem in Nazi Germany - because WE ARE RIGHT to expose this error but we are not hammering Hitler's childhood, teachers, church IN ADDITION to pointing out the historic references to his reliance on atheist darwinism as the genesis for his eugenics program and his "master race" doctrines???

IS THAT where all your vitriol comes from? Really??

Somehow your history of posts on this thread does not support that fantasy!

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Notice the OP is filled with SPECIFIC EXAMPLES of how the debilitating disease of atheist darwinism has failed UTEOTW on this very board in specific cases where "variables were few, known and obvious to all".

I.E. the EASY STUFF!!

Notice that IN ADDITION we point to ONE MORE EASY example in the case of Hitler where History is CLEAR on the genesis of BOTH his eugenics program AND his master race doctrines (one highlighted in a recent sermon from D James Kennedy in this case. This was done in response to the totally vaccuous argument of atheist darwinists on this thread that SDAs are the only ones that would NOTICE the blunders of atheist darwinist devotees as listed above)

And all we get from the atheist darwinists is pure falsehood.

Likewise All we get from Eric is pure vitriol against D. James Kennedy and myself because in "his words" we are RIGHT to point out this doctrinal damage done by atheist darwinism but we are not including the WORLD of OTHER things that ALSO went wrong in the case of Hitler!!

How -- similar!

#52 BobRyan, Aug 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2006
  13. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Quote:
    Eric said "You're taking one set of historic sources that focus on ONE SIDE, and ignoring the others. The fact that you are unaware of how the Bible was misused to teach racism shows that. No one is disputing your sources; it's just that there is another side to it that you are ignoring."

THIS is a "harsh post", and "vitriol"? A "defense of Darwinism"
    If you have nothing to say and can't produce anything harsh and vitriolic I said, then why don't you shut up your lies? You're bearing false witness, taunting (as UTEOTW pints out) and thus being a hypocrite for calling someone else's posts 'vitriol' .
    Stop the lies!

#53 Eric B, Aug 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2006
  14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Eric - calm down

If I could not find harsh vitriol in your post above - I would have to have my head examined!!

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eric then turns his harsh vitriol on me for daring to show proper credit to the good work being done to expose atheist darwinism --
    And of course Eric ends his harsh tirade of vitriol with the good 'ol "I'm on your side" ending point.
    If only this thread were about the many varied ways that Eric finds to bash those that expose the dangers of atheist darwinism!

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sadly - it appears from Romans 1 and from statements by people such as Dr Dawkins that pagans and atheist "see clearly" what compromised Christians clinging to atheist darwinism "anyway" say they "Fail to see".

Richard Dawkins is Professor of the Public Understanding of Science at Oxford University. He is the author of many books including the international best-sellers "The Selfish Gene", "The Blind Watchmaker", and "Climbing Mount Improbable."

FROM : http://www.pbs.org/faithandreason/transcript/dawk-frame.html
    Excerpt –

Quote:
    QUESTION: What is your response to the view that some Christians are putting forward that God is the designer of the whole evolutionary system itself?

MR. DAWKINS: In the 19th century people disagreed with the principle of evolution, because it seemed to undermine their faith in God. Now there is a new way of trying to reinstate God, which is to say, well, we can see that evolution is true. Anybody who is not ignorant or a fool can see that evolution is true. So we smuggle God back in by suggesting that he set up the conditions in which evolution might take place. I find this a rather pathetic argument. For one thing, if I were God wanting to make a human being, I would do it by a more direct way rather than by evolution. Why deliberately set it up in the one way which makes it look as though you don't exist? It seems remarkably roundabout not to say a deceptive way of doing things.
    But the other point is it's a superfluous part of the explanation. The whole point -- the whole beauty of the Darwinian explanation for life is that it's self-sufficient. You start with essentially nothing -- you start with something very, very simple -- the origin of the Earth. And from that, by slow gradual degrees, as I put it "climbing mount improbable" -- by slow gradual degree you build up from simple beginnings and simple needs easy to understand, up to complicated endings like ourselves and kangaroos.
    Now, the beauty of that is that it works. Every stage is explained, every stage is understood. Nothing extra, nothing extraneous needs to be smuggled in. It all works and it all -- it's a satisfying explanation.Now, smuggling in a God who sets it all up in the first place, or who supervises the details, is simply to smuggle in an entity of the very kind that we are trying to explain -- namely, a complicated and beautifully designed higher intelligence. That's what we are trying to explain. We have a good explanation. Why smuggle in a superfluous adjunct which is unnecessary? It doesn't add anything to the explanation.

(Note for the Reader: In the above quote Dawkins argues that Christian evolutionist think “God does something”, that “God contributes something” to the subject of origins. And on that point alone – Dawkins argues for the inconsistency and flawed logic of so-called-christian-evolutionism.

Christian evolutionist sometimes argue against Dawkins claiming that HE has made too much of a grandiose claim about what Christian-evolutionists think God is doing. In essence those Christian evolutionists argue that Dawkins has to HIGH a view of God!!

How sad that Christian evolutionists are prone to going to such extremes.)

Here we see a thread where UTEOTW tries the "lowered expectations of God" approach such that blind believe in fully formed living cells from nothing (as hoped by atheists) is to be believed OVER the Word of our Creator God not matter how improbable those atheist beliefs are!

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Naturalistic evolution has clear consequences that Charles Darwin understood perfectly. 1) No gods worth having exist; 2) no life after death exists; 3) no ultimate foundation for ethics exists; 4) no ultimate meaning in life exists; and 5) human free will is nonexistent. ~ William Provine

Evolution is the greatest engine of atheism ever invented. ~ William Provine

Of course - heaven help us if we expose this fact in front of Eric!!

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok - I just couldn't help posting that last line --

19. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

You tell me to calm down, and then continue with your lies and distortion. The only one bashing anyone here is YOU. Look at the title of the thread. "Rabid conspiratorialism" is not "bashing"; it's a mild criticism. I'm not the one calling him or your beliefs a debilitating disease; neither do I call your beliefs all the other things you have said. This is a public forum, and if I disagree with something you say or quote from; I have the right to criticize it without being accused of "bashing" and siding with the atheists. For that's what the forum is for.

You then quote my later provoked responses to your attacks, but we were talking abouy my initial post which was not vitriolic. Then you begin flaming, and now try to use my response to that as"proof" that my first post was "vitriolic".

Stop the lying already! You think you're so smart now, but it won't be so funny when you stand before God!

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is from the OP

Wouldn't it be great if we could "address the topic" of the OP??