1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThD, PhD, and Dmins - what was your doctoral dissertation title?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by scooter, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Broadus

Broadus Member

D.Min.: "Directions for an Effective Church: An Exposition of Titus"

Ph.D.: "From Biblical Fidelity to Organizational Efficiency: The Gospel Ministry from English Separatism of the Late Sixteenth Century to the Southern Baptist Convention of the Early Twentieth Century"

2. ljr3

ljr3 New Member

My Th. M. thesis: "An Analysis of the Apologetic Method of Edward John Carnell"

Ph. D. dissertation: "The Function of Scripture in the Thought of Soren Kierkegaard" later published as "Scripture in the Thought of Soren Kierkegaard"

Both degrees were earned at Southern Seminary in Louisville, Ky.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome ljr3 and that is some heavy stuff. Used Carnell and Francis Shaeffer texts in apologetics class in grad school and was impressed with how the mind works.

I opted for Josh McDowell's "apologetics lite" in his Evidence series!

And Kierkegaard? I've taught intro to philos at our local state college and enjoyed using some of his material. I never worried about Scripture being IN it and therefore non-offensive to the secular mindset.

Why not join our party and start a thread or two (Baptist Theology would be a wise place) on these men/philosophies?

4. UZThD

UZThD New Member

ThM--Determining The Referent in the Major Pauline Baptismal Passages

ThD--The Obedient Son: An Evaluation of Some American Evangelical Teaching On The Eternal Role Subordination of the Son Through A Comparison of That Teaching With Related Doctrines

5. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    FYI!

My (DMin Project) dissertation title was:

"A Rherotical Taxonomy of John Paul IIs Jubilee 2000 Apology" In it I tried to bring together Rhetoric, Christian Thought (Theology for some folk), and Ethics.

Aren't you inpressed OR depressed?

Doing a dissertation or project or portfolio or any extended reserach project has been described by one of my PhD buds from Mid America who now teaches @ N Greenville College as; " . . . an exercise unto graduation!" I tend to aggee.

Someone said that a PhD is 90-95% perseverance. Amen to that!

sdg!

rd

6. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Going back off topic...
    Bob, if I'm reading you correctly, your original conclusion was that most pre-pubescent youth conversions are not valid, AND that you no longer agree with this conclusion. What made you change your mind?

7. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

While purusing this thread, I saw an advertising header for theses and dissertations. I clicked on the banner and went to the following website:

http://www.term-papers.org/

I wonder how many people actually get a degree based on a thesis or dissertation written by one of these hack writing services. Is not this as unethical as degree mills?