1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The ‘Rapture’ of Flight 370

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Mar 22, 2014.

1. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Darby, in defense of his own skewed eschatological views, denied the Vicarious nature of Christ's Sacrifice, and the imputation of His Righteousness.

Then he, like the J.W.'s, had to eventually come up with his own Bible Versión.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That seven year period is described in Revelation 6 through 19. Anyone can see that it is God pouring out his wrath on mankind. It, by its own admission, has two periods of 3 1/2 years. I'll let you search it out. Look for the other terms as well: 42 months, 1,260 days, "times, time, and half a time," all referring to 3 1/2 years--the two halves of the seven year period of Tribulation. The two witnesses of Rev.11 prophesy for half the Tribulation period (42 months) for example.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I believe I have studied it enough to know what the Bible says.
    You should take this discussion up with TCassidy.
    I believe he refutes you here:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2100061&postcount=192

Premillenialism, or Chiliasim originated with the Church Fathers, not with Darby. You have your facts wrong. There is currently a discussion on this in another forum. Perhaps you should participate in it.
    You would do well to read Torrey's voluminous work and find out for yourself. The short answer is: No.
    Evidently you do not have an understanding of what a universal negative is. Jesus did not use them. He was not an illogical buffoon. Don't make him out to be one.
    Absolute silliness.
    If I say: No man can gain my inheritance by those who are my children, or
    No man can come to me except I invite them,
    Are they universal negatives?
    NO! not in the least way!
    Note the clause: "except the Father...draw him." That negates it from being a universal negative. Furthermore, it is not worded as a universal negative. It could be re-worded: "Only those that are able to come to me are the ones that I call." Now there is no negative at all.
    --What you stated is something completely different--a statement which cannot be demonstrated or proved.
    It is akin to the atheist's statement: "There is no God." How does he know? Can he prove it? Has he looked in every corner of the earth? On every planet of the solar system, On every star of the galaxy? In every galaxy of the universe? Of course not. Thus the statement: "There is no God," both universal in scope and a negative, is impossible to prove.
    I believe the Bible; not you. Incredibly, you have put your opinion on par with the statements of the inspired Word of God, making yourself God or claiming deity.
    First, we know that all men are sinners because the Bible makes that statement.
    Second, it is a statement of fact, not a universal negative.
    Third, your statement is not God's statement, not inspired, not Biblical, and it is foolish, and illogical. It is a universal negative that cannot be proven--nonsensical.
    Did you go back through each and every 1800 years of history and check every history book and check or interview every person that ever lived for those 1800 years. If you haven't, then you can't possibly make that statement "was not taught for 1800 years." You don't know that, and cannot possibly know that.
    That is the illogical position of your statement that you fail to see.
    If you are going to prove your premise to be true you would have to. You have no other choice.
    If I say: "All the members of my family believe in the rapture," then I can simply ask "all the members of my family" and be done with it. I have narrowed my scope.
    But you have included all the world or at least all of Christendom that ever lived during a span of 1800 years! How do you know that every single person during that period of time did not believe in the rapture. As JOJ said of his father: "He came to believe by his own personal study." I am sure that many others have as well.
    Prove your own premise. I am not going to do your homework for you. That is your obligation. You made the statement. You prove it.
    The Bible is our final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
    Paul commended the Bereans for the very thing I am doing:
    Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
    --It is apparent by this post that you have no Biblical answer to give.
    It is foolish to think that all prophecy has been fulfilled and that we are now living in the Kingdom of God. If this is your kingdom, I want no part of it.
    Not according to Rev.20:1-4
    Before the Tribulation begins.
    The first resurrection is the rapture. Death simply refers to those Christians who have already died before that time.
    It is replete with persecution of the Jews, to be specific, who as a nation will turn to Christ when he comes for them.
    You are ignoring Rev.20:1-4
    If the rapture had not occurred seven years earlier, how did the "saints" get into heaven in order to come with Christ at his second Coming. Note "the armies" that come with him. They are more than just angels. Read the account carefully.
    No confusion in dispensationalism. What you have presented to me is full of confusion; an assumption of facts not in existence; a premise that cannot be proven; and ignored facts in the Bible.

#43 DHK, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  4. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Dan 12:12
    12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

Try again.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

MacArthur believes in a seven year Tribulation.
    Concerning Dan.12:12 he says: "45 more days, even beyond the 1290 days, allows for transition between Israel's time of being shattered (vs.7) and God's setting up of Kingdom (7:13,14,127)."
    The 30 days of verse 11 he be believes could possibly refer to time needed to allow for the judgment of the living subsequent to Christ's return (Mat.24:29-31l 155:31-46) before the Millennial Kingdom.

Walvoord and Zuck refer to it as an additional 45 days beyond the 1290 days. 45 days after the end of the Tribulation, Israel's long awaited-blessing will be realized. This may mark the blessing of the Millennium; or it may be when Christ. who will have appeared in the heavens (Mat.25:30), will actually descend to earth, His feet touching on the Mount of Olives. For believers Christ's coming is a blessing and glorious hope.
    --There are different explanations for Dan.12:11,12, none of which cause any problem for one believing in the pre-trib position. You can do some study on your own for this position.

6. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

So it not actually being 7 years, exactly, doesnt cause any problems?

Why study at all, if you really dont care?

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

No, since it was given via the Hebrew calendar, which is the calendar John knew. It was exactly seven years under that calendar. Note, it spoke of number of days, not number of years, specifically, anyway. That way, the transition to the Julian calendar was made easier.
    He didn't say he didn't care. He said "you can do some study on it" so you will actually understand the teaching -- which, at this point, you don't.

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For that plane, it was more likely a rupture than a rapture.

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So is your number disconnected in my little black book, old chap, first and last time henceforth.

Protestant, PROTEST so they shall have no excuse.

If the twin towers came not down straight, but fell sidelong, it would not be God's Providence?

O the spirit-obsessed-selves!

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Revelation consists of chiasms which are not in unbroken linear order, but in paired parallels. That is why....

First, Christ resurrects, Satan is bound and "this The First Resurrection Thousand Years" is ushered in.

Next, Christ comes again, once, visibly, with might and majesty and all that are in the grave are resurrected.

But your post is refreshingly 'Protestant' and I really appreciate!

Refer:

http://www.biblestudents.co.za/docs/html/Resurrection Saints and Wicked.htm

#50 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  11. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Protestant said:
    Think what you are saying……..You agree Jesus and Daniel teach but 2 resurrections, yes?

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of condemnation.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

You agree that when the first resurrection occurs the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Please note this is not the silent 1st stage coming of Christ, known as the ‘secret’ Rapture as taught by Futurists.

Instead, Scripture depicts this momentous event as a one-time supernaturally loud mind-blowing event…..unparalleled in the annals of history.

Christ coming ‘secretly’ for His Church 7 years before the end of the Age?

Not according to the plain reading of the Word of God.

As Futurist theorists would have it, there must be another resurrection of the converted Jews who died during the 7-year Great Tribulation, as well as another translation of those who were alive, in order that they, too, would receive glorified bodies.

Therefore, we now have 3 resurrections, with a second and third return of Christ.

Furthermore, according to your theory, death is not vanquished at the first resurrection, though Paul declares it is.

Let us use one of your Futurist authorities, John MacArthur, to see if he is in agreement with your interpretation:

http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/1882/victory-over-death

One need not be a Greek scholar to understand the plain teaching of the 2nd Coming of Christ:

1. It will be a one-time event…..visible, spectacular, and glorious.

2. Everyone on earth will see it and know the end has come.

3. Christians (converted Jew and Gentile) who have died in the Lord will rise in glorified bodies first.

4. Next, Christians (converted Jew and Gentile) alive on earth will receive their glorified bodies, meeting Jesus in the air.

5. This is the first resurrection: Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Someone is not telling the truth.

I prefer to trust the consistent, non-contradictory, infallible Word of God.

12. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Word of God is clear on this.

Man has to educate you, to make you gullible enough to fall for the cRapture.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Two resurrections separated by a little more than a thousand years.
    Yes, it is. There is no reason for it not to be. Christ is coming for his own. This is the first resurrection.
    Yes, before the Tribulation begins. No one said it would be "loud." We will meet the Lord "in the air."
    Before the Antichrist is revealed which is at the beginning of the Seven Year Tribulation. These facts are easily discernible from Scriptures, from a plain reading of the Word of God.
    See above.
    You are confused. There are only two resurrections. What happens after the first resurrection? The believers (living and those who have lived) will rise to meet Christ. They will then go to heaven. While The Tribulation goes on for seven years, they will face the Judgement Seat of Christ in heaven.
    Then, at the end of seven earthly years, according to Rev.19, Christ will return with the saints in heaven to defeat the enemies of Israel. Thus will end the Seven Years of Tribulation. At that time:
    1. The Jews will be saved as a nation.
    2. The Millennial Kingdom will be established.
    --Note that all those that enter the Kingdom will enter with normal bodies of flesh and blood, including the Jews. As those in the generations immediately following Adam lived to their mid-900's, so will people born then. The curse will be lifted off the land, and the earth will be restored. Righteousness will be restored.
    3. At the end of the thousand years Satan will be loosed. The depravity of the human heart will be shown in that those who will be born to mankind who had entered from the Tribulation and bore children--even under ideal and perfect situations, still did not submit to Christ. Satan was able to gather an army from among them. But fire will come down from heaven and devour them.
    4. The second resurrection then takes place at the end of the Millennial Kingdom as described in Rev.20:11-15.
    --This resurrection is only for the unsaved.
    Paul is speaking about the believer. He is also speaking about the resurrection. The resurrection takes place when Christ comes again, before The Tribulation, then the believer will death be vanquished as far as the believer is concerned.
    I read the link. He does agree as far as I can see, but not with what you have written.
    This is true for the Second Advent when He comes in Judgment against the enemies of the Jews, and to save the Jews as a nation. It occurs just before the millennium. Believers in Christ will be absent. It is His Coming to earth. The first time he comes is our resurrection.
    This does not happen at the Second Advent when he comes to set up his Kingdom, but rather at the rapture when he comes for his own (believers in Christ).
    The first resurrection is the rapture.
    I don't believe you are consistent. It is not that someone is not telling the truth. No one knows everything and God has not chosen to reveal absolutely everything to us. One should not be too arrogant in thinking that he knows everything in eschatology and has it all figured out. Even Jesus had limited his knowledge while on earth, reminding others that only the Father knew the time of His coming.

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

This is NOT "the First Resurrection: This the Thousand Years....Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection."

This, 1,2,3,4, is the ONLY resurrection from the death of the GRAVE. "The First Resurrection Thousand Years" is the rebirth—the 'spiritual resurrection' from the "death in sin".

And it is Jesus the Lord in the air who is met here on earth by the resurrected saints; it is not they ascending into the air leaving the earth behind.

#54 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  15. Protestant

This is not a difficult study.

Either Christ comes one time personally at the end of the Age – called the 2nd Advent -- or He comes more than one time, in which case it should logically be called His 3rd (or more) Advent.

Futurists claim they have unlocked the ‘key’ to Christ’s return.

Unfortunately that ‘key’ resides in their minds and not in Scripture.

For example the classic ‘Rapture’ Scripture, 1 Thess. 4:16-17, describes the Lord descending from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God, yet my worthy opponent states, ‘No one said it would be "loud."’

The ‘key’ then would be to define ‘shout’ as ‘whisper’, the ‘voice of an archangel’ as the ‘tired voice of a sleepy archangel’, and ‘the trump of God’ as ‘the flute of God.’

Really? What about those numerous Tribulation saints who died defending Christ, spreading their faith world-wide?

Where is their resurrection, if any?

Remember, you claimed ‘there are only two resurrections…..the first resurrection is the Rapture and the second resurrection is only for the unsaved.’

Am I the only one on this board who sees confusion and contradiction in the Futurist theory?

16. Protestant

Then what, pray tell, is it that you don't know?...... besides the identity of the Antichrist, whose identity has been known by the Church for centuries.

So glorified sinless believers will be mingling with sinful flesh and blood humans for 1,000 years?

I believe we have the makings of a million-seller 'love story.'

I can visualize the promo for the book:

"The naysayers said, 'flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God', but a believing remnant of determined, love-starved Jews knew better!"

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The second Coming has two parts to it: the rapture, and the Second Advent. They are separated by seven years.
    Your sarcasm is noted.
    Read the Book of Revelation and not the trumps that were blown, the voices singing and the many sounds made--all heard by John in heaven, but none heard on earth.
    In context of 1Thes.4:16-17, where Jesus doesn't come to the earth, but only to the clouds (contradicting Zech.14:4), the sounds recorded here: the trump of God, the voice of the archangel, etc. are heard in heaven, not on earth. They are heavenly.

This is in stark contrast to the account given in 2Thes.
    2Th 1:7-10
    7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
    8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
    9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
    10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

This is the opposite, an entirely different account of what is read in 1Thes.4:16,17. It is nowhere near similar to the other account. Why? The two accounts are different because they are describing two different events.
    "The Tribulation" is only seven years. The "Rapture" takes place before then.
    Look at Scripture concerning what happens during that time:
    2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
    --I don't believe any will be saved during this time. They will all believe a lie--the lie that the Anti-christ is God. They are under a strong delusion sent by God, that all of them will be damned. Scripture is clear here.

The ones that will be "saved" are the Jews, who will turn to Christ as a nation. Some of them will be killed before hand. They are the ones spoken of during this period. There are 144,000 of them sealed in chapter seven.

Concerning their resurrection nothing is said and I don't speculate where nothing is said. Some people think they have to know everything there is to know in the Bible. I am not one of those people.
    There will many people that will enter into the Kingdom without a resurrected body. In a perfect society I assume some of them will get saved during that one thousand year period as well. The Bible doesn't answer all questions for us.
    The Bible says:
    "The secret things belong unto the Lord."
    I am content to believe what the Lord does reveal in His Word.

18. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Always skip this:
    2Th 2:3
    3 Let no man deceive you by any means:for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Which ties in with this:

Mat 24:4
    4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Mat 24:29-32
    29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
    30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
    31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The gathering of the elect will be the most Worldwide visible, audible, emotionally overwhelming event in History at that point.

Then the Wrath begins.

#58 prophet, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No. The "immediately after" refers to the end of the Tribulation just before the Millennial Kingdom. That is when Jesus comes for his own, that is the nation of Israel. That is when the Battle of Armageddon takes place. That is when Israel gets saved.
    How long do you think it will take for Christ and his armies to be defeated by the King of kings and Lord of lords? I don't think the time factor is very relevant here. Immediately after this the Millennial Kingdom will start.

We do note that Daniel has left some time gaps. The Tribulation lasts seven years. We known that. Then Christ comes. There is also the Judgment of nations to take place. By that time he sits on his throne. But still there must be time for it to take place.
    All of those entering into the Millennial Kingdom will not have a resurrected body. But we will have one. For we will come down from heaven with Christ. And we will rule and reign with him.

20. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

He was telling this to the founders of His church, the Apostles, in a private conversation.

This:
    Mat 23:33-39
    33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
    34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes:and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
    35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
    36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
    37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
    38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
    39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Then this:

Mat 24:3-4
    3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
    4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

So He was done with the Jews, until the Millenium starts, at His Return.

But to His church, He said "after the tribulation".