1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The 1900 Cambridge Edition KJV

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by robycop3, Jul 23, 2007.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am in a discussion elsewhere with an Aussie gent, whom I believe is originally from South Africa, who insists the 1900 Cambridge Edition of the KJV is the purest English bible version there is; in fact he insists it's absolutely pure in spelling, punctuation, and every other aspect. He insists it underwent seven purifications, culminating in the 1900.

I don't believe a word he says, of course, and I roundly denounce his "purification" bunk, as I believe God's words were absolutely-pure the instant He created any of them. IMO, that man's a charlatan. But I'm interested on YOUR thoughts of that particular KJV edition. Do YOU believe it's the "best" KJV?

P. S.

I don't believe the KJV shoulda been tinkered with at all, except to remove the obvious typos & other printer's mistakes in the early editions. It shoulda otherwise been left "as is". We know God has moved on to newer versions, but He's left us the older versions also, and I don't believe one blip should be altered in any of'em.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Why do you bother roby? This is crazy stuff.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Well, maybe- just MAYBE, someone will see the light at the end of their tunnel vision and understand that God isn't KJVO after all. That He can and has preserved His word in a variety of translations and languages. That He blesses those who study, teach and preach His blessed Word as the final authority of all matters of faith and practice.

Yes, many times it is :BangHead: and we get :tonofbricks:but every once in a while we find some :1_grouphug: and then we can say :godisgood:

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm just nosey to know if anyone believes the 1900 Cambridge Edition of the KJV is that elusive 'perfect edition' some KJVOs speak of...and whether anyone believes it's the best KJV edition.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Last time I saw the light at the end of my tunnel, it turned out to be an oncoming train!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Durnt near killed me! [​IMG] [​IMG]

The second one, not the first!

I managed to duck under the passenger train, and while I was watching it run down the track away from me, done got run over from behind by the second one following him!! :laugh:

Ed

#5 EdSutton, Jul 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Logos Bible software staff concluded:
    March 27, 2006 Logos Blog: In search of the King James Version LINK

Rob