1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Angel With The Everlasting Gospel!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by tyndale1946, Apr 27, 2003.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rev 14 -

1-6 - short summation of the reward of the righteous that will be given after Christ returns.

7 - First Angel - World Wide Gospel Evangelism.

8 - 2nd Angel - The Fall of Babylon

9 - 3rd Angel - a WARNING to all mankind not to worship the beast or his image -
    10-20 Warning CONTINUED - telling about the FUTURE wrath of God that will be poured out on those who refuse to head the warning.

In Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Glen,

What was your point in bringing this up on the C/A board?

Is it the concept of future corporate judgment applicable to all those that dwell on the earth - and how that applies to Calvinism?

In Christ,

Bob

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bob... I was thinking of bringing it up in the Baptist Theology Forum but felt since I heard this argument all my life I would pose the questions here.

I was surprised by the reference to the Mormons and didn't expect that. I did appreciate all the comments and there are very many different interpretations on the same topic. So which interpretation is right?... I guess that is in the eye of the believer and their understanding of it in the light and knowledge the Lord has given... Brother Glen [​IMG] & [​IMG] Sister Charlotte [​IMG]

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Agreed. There are a lot of "Things" that each person brings to the text - trying to get it to "fit his particular bias".

But what if you came to the text without any bias? What if you just read the clear and obvious points of the text - and also identified those parts that are "less obvious" as being "unknown". Then work your way from the obvious - known to the unknown.

While we may never get all the way through the unknowns - the knowns are easier and easier to deal with.

Letting the Bible speak for itself. We are all challenged to do it - though we all claim to already BE doing it.

But if it IS true that these 3 angels and their messages represent the final warning - the final evangelisic message to the world - then it makes sense to take the time to discover the obvious "knowns" and separate out any "unknown" as a good starting point.

In Christ,

Bob

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just another example of an Arminian principle placed in scripture - with an appeal explicit and obvious - calling for obedience based on "Gospel" elements of judgment and God as "creator".

In Christ,

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As Hardsheller notes on a similar topic - these subject can result in "different views".

Just because it "aint easy" don't mean we have "no place to start".

The task of identifying the obvious parts are much easier than the task of speculating on the more difficult sections and proving that speculation to be correct.

#1. It is obvious that it occurs near the end of time, while both good and evil people are still on earth.

#2. It is obvious that this is an evangelistic "proclamation" of the Gospel - the one and only Gospel (Gal 1:6-11).

#3. It is obvious that we are told what the Angel says "saying - fear God and give glory to him for the hour of his judgment has come".

#4. It is obvious that this is the announcement of some time principle where the time for the judgment event has already come.

#5. It is obvious that both the concept of Judgment and the concept of God as "creator" (and our worship that is due to God - as our creator) is the explicit focus of the message.

#6. It is obvious that the language used to speak of God's creative act - is the unique language found in Exodus 20:8-11.

That is the "easy part".

How one chooses to put all that together - may be the hard part.

In Christ,

Bob