1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The best men got the short stick

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Sopranette, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Why did the best, most God fearing men get the worst treatment?

I'm thinking of people like Moses, Daniel, Job and poor Peter, who was frightned almost to death? And yet the good women where richly rewarded?

love,

Sopranette

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Because nice guys finish last? And I'm not sure what the context of the good women richly rewarded is.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A brother in another list posted this today, and while the examples he cited are "bad" men, I think may also be relevant to this thread.

4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Women received their dead by resurrection. Others were tortured, refusing to accept release, in order to obtain a better resurrection.
    Others suffered mocking and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment.
    They were stoned to death, they were sawn in two, they were killed by the sword; they went about in skins of sheep and goats, destitute, persecuted, tormented— of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves and holes in the ground.

Yet all these, though they were commended for their faith, did not receive what was promised, since God had provided something better so that they would not, apart from us, be made perfect.

Hebrews 11:35-39 NRSV

#4 Deacon, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2008
  5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Maybe they didn't get the short end, in God's economy. Maybe they got "less rubbish."

6. Shortandy

Shortandy New Member

I think 2 Timothy 3:12 sums it up. "Indeed all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted."

Nowhere in all of scripture will we find where Jesus promised it would be easy by worldy standards. However, I believe He did promise us it would be worth it.