1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The best thing about my church is . . .

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by bb_baptist, Sep 13, 2002.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

What is the best thing about your church?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Refreshingly large involvement of men. Praying together, working, studying, teaching, serving in all capacities.

Most churches I have worked with were pulling hens teeth to try and get men involved. To give you an idea, this church is about 175 on a Sunday and very few women come without husbands. No bus crowd.

8 elders, 8 deacons + assorted other officers, song leader, 6 others on worship team, etc that are 100% faithful

Refreshing. [​IMG]

3. DocCas

DocCas New Member

The best thing about my church is the Pastor's wife. [​IMG]

4. Pastork

Pastork New Member

That is really hard to answer because there are so many wonderful things about my church (all of which you can be assured were only the Lord's doing!). I guess if I had to list one off the top of my head I would say, a loving maturity (is there any other kind?). They are very conservative, without being legalistic. They have real wisdom about how to agree on essentials while agreeing to disagree on non-essentials. They tend to be really good at accepting others where they are and speaking the truth in patience and love. I have seen them grow this way over the past 10 years and feel truly blessed and honored to serve them.

Pastork

P.S. Dr. Bob, I can also attest to the blessing of strong male leadership and involvement. I don't even want to think about where I would be without these godly men around me!

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The people are wonderful, they "drive me crazy" sometimes and then then like today, take me out for lunch to make sure that I am not discouraged or getting that way. I'm sure that I drive them equally as crazy, but I love them to death.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You stole mine! Theif!!! [​IMG]

7. Serving Him

Serving Him Member

After my wife [​IMG] , the love and support the church gives me is the best part.

8. grace_proclaimed

grace_proclaimed New Member

The best thing about my church is that they put up with their young pastor in spite of the fact that he often learns as he goes.
    They just seem to love me mistakes and all! And they LISTEN when I preach!
    Elder (but young :D ) JLS

9. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

Amazing........how come so many of s think the pastors wife in our respective churches is so good?
    yours, Jon